Mid-week Opening

toast21602

22 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I could give everyone here lessons on saving money (and do). But I can't say I ever even consider saving $ by parking up top.

I've been driving 1:40. I get to a sign that says Blue Mountain. I have two choices.

A. Park and ski

B. Drive more, park, ride lift, ski. Then have longer drive home.

Not a real tough call. Plus I started coming here when this was the only lot. 

I parked at the bottom once when I was taking my daughter tubing.

I do park at the bottom lot at CB. Less driving and less walking.

Carpooling from the BMDI lot is the pro move and you definitely seem like the millionaire next door type

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Good theory. However, I prefer parking at the bottom of mountains because I find it more enjoyable on the last run to ride the lift and then do the last run, as opposed to doing the run and then riding the lift last. Just like how I eat all the boring pieces of Lucky Charms first and save the marshmallows for last.

You know they sell just the lucky charms marshmellows now. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I could give everyone here lessons on saving money (and do). But I can't say I ever even consider saving $ by parking up top.

I've been driving 1:40. I get to a sign that says Blue Mountain. I have two choices.

A. Park and ski

B. Drive more, park, ride lift, ski. Then have longer drive home.

Not a real tough call. Plus I started coming here when this was the only lot. 

I parked at the bottom once when I was taking my daughter tubing.

I do park at the bottom lot at CB. Less driving and less walking.

Before PASR, I was a top lot-er.  It's not just park and ski though is it?  It's park, boot up, walk up flight of stairs, through heated lodged filled with gapers and clueless, Then ski.  From the bottom lot, it's just quick short walk to the lift.  There's been countless days when I've called it a day and gone out to the lot for beers, only to go back out for a few more runs.  I'd never do that parked up top.  If you want to change skis, or want to get another layer, you can catch back up with the group and only miss 1 run.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Carpooling from the BMDI lot is the pro move and you definitely seem like the millionaire next door type

You know they sell just the lucky charms marshmellows now. 

GSSucks and I are going to do that this winter.

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Didn't even know there was a drive in. Careful with that umbrella Bobby.

It's more of a diner/family restaurant but there's a mural inside that shows a lady on rollerskates..so I think you used to eat in your 🚗. It's cheap full breakfast under $6 coffee I think is $1.25 if you are watching your $$$'s don't get the OJ..it's from concentrate and like $3

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Don't really like to mix drinking and skiing. Will have a beer only when done for the day. 

I only go back skiing after drinking a few days a season. Usually I ski, drink beer and go home..usually 2-3 beers..4 is my absolute limit unless it's gaper day, it's sunny or Root is there. 

• Like 2