12/12/17.... YOU OWE ME A MUG

Shadows

Good afternoon,

I'm back from day 8 at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I had to do a little mental math to figure out what time to leave this morning and the drive took about 3 minutes longer due to some moderate traffic on Root 22. I arrived at the upper lot around 732am and it was desolate. The combination of it being a Tuesday and Blue only announcing that they were reopening today late yesterday morning led to an eerily quiet mountain. 

Temperature was just just above freezing to start..guns were off and a few flakes and rain droplets in the air and very moist out.  At the rope drop was just me and an 8-9 year old kid and one other guy..first run on vista to midway to lower Main Street was a carpet. Reminded me why I have to ditch work more often.  Come around was amazing cord and Lazy mile was super good a little spicy around the second corner it's just narrower and some skeet spots. 

After two runs shadows was at the top the top and I skied with him the next two hours.  We skied lazy mile and comaround to midway the most.  Upper Main Street while a lot better than Sunday still had some small cookies but wasn't too bad could get mad steezy speed.  They groomed a path of snow to the Burma lift and the Burma lift was running initially but was shut off sometime during my session.  As the morning progresses the snow transformed from mid winter cord to almost the beginning of apple sauce..I would expect spring conditions this afternoon as more people descend on Blue mountain as word is getting out that they're open today and tonight snow should be fast.  

I quit at 10:45 skied either 15 or 16 runs..had a beer with shadows in the lot and soft pretzel. Was gonna have a beer in slopeside with shadows but he got screwed on the mug club so left Blue and went back to the mean streets..almost all the natural snow from the other day is now melted it didn't last long as it was so fluffy. People did manage to ski chute and under the Main Street chair below Come around above chute on Sunday skied right down to the dirt. I'll probably be out next tomorrow night for first night session of the season then likely not till the weekend. Ski everybody later. 

• Like 2

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

SaltyAnt how did you come up with your screename??

Played the game Microsoft Ants in the early 2000s. My username sucked so I needed a cool one. Couldnt come up with a name, but I was eating salty potato chips so I made my name __SaLtY_. Then i quit a few years later and started playing Runescape. Salty was taken so I just added ant to it to become Saltyant. Just sort of stuck, but I quit that game in 2007 and this is my first time reprising that legendary username now 10 years later.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Played the game Microsoft Ants in the early 2000s. My username sucked so I needed a cool one. Couldnt come up with a name, but I was eating salty potato chips so I made my name __SaLtY_. Then i quit a few years later and started playing Runescape. Salty was taken so I just added ant to it to become Saltyant. Just sort of stuck, but I quit that game in 2007 and this is my first time reprising that legendary username now 10 years later.

Are you on Tinder???

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3