Opening day 12/13/17

rummy

Temp at 8* when  we started. Brisk 20+ mph winds.  Triple layer player.  On mountain at 10:15.  About 30 season passholders and 30 ticket purchasers. 

Conditions were firm with decent cord, no cookies, and some blown powder.

Skied all open trails  (9) really only three from the top. Trails of the day we're upper Tunk and Susquehanna.

Needless to say, No Lift Lines... Sun is now out.

Beer is cold and tasty.

IMG956722.thumb.jpg.59b1d32fb3521d2fb644edcef9179c12.jpgIMG956717.thumb.jpg.4bac6cc7d4226d5c7ad2ee472ab6206a.jpg

• Like 5

I like Stella Artois cider..it's pretty dry as far as ciders go. Do many people tailgate in the parking lot at elk on the weekends??  
End of season parties, 50th birthday party, random weekend get togethers. But, Elks management frowns upon it and threatens to have violators prosecuted.

I never heard of any police action but the threat is always there.

We buy a lodge parking pass (very hard to get, there is a waiting list) and park 72 steps from the bar entrance.

Life is good....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do they email you when its time to renew so you dont lose the spot?
We get an application annually via snail mail. There aren't any reserved spots, except for the owners and the ambulance. We park wherever there's an open spot but usually can get close to our favorite spot and the 72 steps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Now I'm gonna have to count the number of steps it is from my usual spot in the valley at Blue to see how it compares.

At least we don't have to pay for prime parking and don't get yelled at for tailgating in the valley, mainly because we typically offer the workers food if/when they drive by in their carts.

Boggles my mind that mountains frown upon tailgating, as that goes hand-in-hand with skiing/boarding.

Now I'm gonna have to count the number of steps it is from my usual spot in the valley at Blue to see how it compares.
At least we don't have to pay for prime parking and don't get yelled at for tailgating in the valley, mainly because we typically offer the workers food if/when they drive by in their carts.
Boggles my mind that mountains frown upon tailgating, as that goes hand-in-hand with skiing/boarding.

I can’t even think of a time that I recreated in a group, whether it be skiing, hiking, biking, rafting or whatever, that there weren’t beers after. It does go hand in hand!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Yeah I remember when Atomic Jeff offered one of the employees in the valley lot a bagel and his response was,"I'm not a Jew"

• Haha 2