Blue Mt. 12-13-17

RidgeRacer

It was so good tonight that I forgot it was Dec 13th. Great snow everywhere with the exception of upper main which was marbley. Lazy was so on point. No crowds at all. GSS, AtomicSkier, George (is he on PASR?) and the man, the myth, the legend himself... Saltyant were all in the house.

Best part of the evening...

Saltyant: "wow... you guys are awesome skiers!"

AtomicSkier: "I know I am".

Haha. Great night session fellas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

It was so good tonight that I forgot it was Dec 13th. Great snow everywhere with the exception of upper main which was marbley. Lazy was so on point. No crowds at all. GSS, AtomicSkier, George (is he on PASR?) and the man, the myth, the legend himself... Saltyant were all in the house.

Best part of the evening...

Saltyant: "wow... you guys are awesome skiers!"

AtomicSkier: "I know I am".

Haha. Great night session fellas.

FYI- he has not achieved man, myth, or legend status yet. 

Sounds like it was good, though. Excited to get up there for opening tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks for starting the report PARidge..was a fun night session with SaltyAnt, Atomic Jeff, GahSkier George and PARidge..some fun runs and good parking lot beer..temperatures were in the low 20s and guess what guys...it's snowing.  I'll post some more details later..gotta get ready for karaoke. YOLO

Tonight was my favorite outing of the season by far. The snow was excellent, especially on Lazy Mile. Midway was a lot of fun, and even both Main Streets were decent. No lines and no lift stops! And I finally got to do some actual runs with Steeze, Atomic and Ridge and actually beat them all down the mountain on every run. Good time, except the drive was horrible. 2 hr 8 min down due to an accident, and 1 hr 40 min return in heavy snow. 

Edited by saltyant

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

Tonight was my favorite outing of the season by far. The snow was excellent, especially on Lazy Mile. Midway was a lot of fun, and even both Main Streets were decent. No lines and no lift stops! And I finally got to do some actual runs with Steeze, Atomic and Ridge and actually beat them all down the mountain on every run. Good time, except the drive was horrible. 2 hr 8 min down due to an accident, and 1 hr 40 min return in heavy snow. 

Hard to believe you beat Jeff to the bottom.

I didn't write a report last night because I needed to get ready for karaoke so I'll write one now. 

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun night session at Blue mountain the true mountain..their 9th day operating this season and also my 9th day skiing. I arrived at the upper lot at 6:37pm and was rocking out to Jagged Edge featuring Nelly, Where the Party At.  Atomic Jeff was already there and there were maybe 100 cars in the upper lot.  The temperature was in the lower 20s with moderate winds. 

First run on vista to midway to lower Main Street was nice..not the icy death I was expecting. Lazy was very pleasant as well although the last two turns are a little bit spicy. GahSkier George skied with us the first hour or so and PARidge joined us about a half hour into our session and SaltyAnt skied with us the last few runs.  SaltyAnt was a better skier than I expected.  He a low intermediate and fairly fast..he was making some nice poll plants.  

The only semi bad conditions were on upper Main Street which was mini death cookies but as smooth as death cookies could be and then a snowfun would blast you in the face halfway down Main Street. We also saw some kids start skiing under the Main Street chair off of come around and get yelled at by a ski patroller. Honestly there should be a rope there..there have been in years past. 

I stopped skiing just before 9pm had two beers in the lot with Atomic Jeff and snow started to fall..high tailed it home..shaved shit and showered and was at Karaoke singing Coolios fantastic voyage and having my hair messed up by some 22 year old chick..YOLO

• Like 1