12/14/17

toast21602

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nope and they even said in Facebook no bumps yet when somebody asked.  I think it was you or someone else that said the guy who seeded the bumps before doesn't work at Blue anymore. 

No, it's because of the racers taking over MS until Razors is open, from what I'm told.

Ty seeds the bumps now.

Is Switchback open yet?

Just now, indiggio said:

No, it's because of the racers taking over MS until Razors is open, from what I'm told.

Ty seeds the bumps now.

Is Switchback open yet?

Bahahahaha switchback is usually the last run to open which I find dumb because they could open it in a day and a half of snowmaking and its a short run.  

Burma was getting groomed out last night.  The good thing about the timing of this cold spell is that homestretch is gonna have a ton of base by the weekend which is good. Last season they didn't blow enough snow in homestretch. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Bahahahaha switchback is usually the last run to open which I find dumb because they could open it in a day and a half of snowmaking and its a short run.  

Burma was getting groomed out last night.  The good thing about the timing of this cold spell is that homestretch is gonna have a ton of base by the weekend which is good. Last season they didn't blow enough snow in homestretch. 

Sarcasm doesn't come through very well.

They're still blowing Homestretch.

6 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

hopefully this new guy can seed better, rounder bumps than the previous guy.  smh....

This guy's not new, he's been doing it for a few seasons now.  He's the one that started seeding them on Razor's when the racers are done with it.  If it weren't for management, he'd probably seed bumps on all the trails.

We're just happy they do it.  It's another reason to love BM.  Other mountains (Cameltoe) don't or have some cordoned-off area, like bumps are a park or something.  The only better thing Blue could do is let a trail (Switchback) go natural like Elk does with Tunk.  That would be spectacular!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

This guy's not new, he's been doing it for a few seasons now.

We're just happy they do it.  It's another reason to love BM.  Other mountains (Cameltoe) don't or have some cordoned-off area, like bumps are a park or something.  The only better thing Blue could do is let a train (Switchback) go natural like Elk does with Tunk.  That would be spectacular!

jf has several areas that they let bump up, and they do seed bumps on exhibition (but those bumps seem to be better than anything at blue). montage almost always has bumps on boomer and white lightning....both trails have bumps that are not seeded and are far superior to anything blue mtn has to offer. the bumps on tunks at elk are good too....probably elk's only saving grace, lol.

1 minute ago, guitar73 said:

jf has several areas that they let bump up, and they do seed bumps on exhibition (but those bumps seem to be better than anything at blue). montage almost always has bumps on boomer and white lightning....both trails have bumps that are not seeded and are far superior to anything blue mtn has to offer. the bumps on tunks at elk are good too....probably elk's only saving grace, lol.

Blues runs only form natural bumps if there was a huge snowstorm followed by a lot of traffic or a really warm spring day with a lot of traffic..I remember the bumps on exhibition at Jack Frost.  Aren't they really short.  Blue has at least three bump runs by later in the season..nightmare, challenge and barneys...they seeded bumps on middle dreamweaver last season and it was a really long stretch of bumps.