12/14/17

toast21602

Ungroomed?! That sucks! I was gonna come tonight, but I have only slalom skis on me [emoji20]

Ungroomed the way it should be after snow.

They groomed lazy to perfection this morning, so you have that. And Burma is open.

Will likely be a bit choppy this evening though with the new snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Which part is bringing you so much joy? Me having SL skis or me thinking that they're not suitable for fresh snow?

They're the best on hardpack and ice. For fresh I should've taken wider and longer ones.

13 minutes ago, eaf said:

Which part is bringing you so much joy? Me having SL skis or me thinking that they're not suitable for fresh snow?

They're the best on hardpack and ice. For fresh I should've taken wider and longer ones.

It's gonna be hardpack and ice tonight don't worry.  The new snow is almost melted. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eaf said:

I was on my SL skis last night.  Lazy mile was 10/10 good for slalom skis.

Blues runs only form natural bumps if there was a huge snowstorm followed by a lot of traffic or a really warm spring day with a lot of traffic..I remember the bumps on exhibition at Jack Frost.  Aren't they really short.  Blue has at least three bump runs by later in the season..nightmare, challenge and barneys...they seeded bumps on middle dreamweaver last season and it was a really long stretch of bumps. 

I really enjoyed those bumps on DW, hope they do it again. Although it was kind of scary the first time flying down DW at full speed as usual then realizing there are bumps right there.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I really enjoyed those bumps on DW, hope they do it again. Although it was kind of scary the first time flying down DW at full speed as usual then realizing there are bumps right there.

Yeah, they caught a number of people by surprise, many of which were flying down DW and didn't see them until it was almost too late!

yea i caught them in a bad way on one of those zero viz mornings, lucky to walk away. good thing it was warm and the bumps were soft. i had a deep bruise on my ass cheek that lasted halfway through the summer. i was on a rampage with patrol as there were no lollipops or markings above them. they finally added markers and paint

• Sad 1

This guy's not new, he's been doing it for a few seasons now.  He's the one that started seeding them on Razor's when the racers are done with it.  If it weren't for management, he'd probably seed bumps on all the trails.
We're just happy they do it.  It's another reason to love BM.  Other mountains (Cameltoe) don't or have some cordoned-off area, like bumps are a park or something.  The only better thing Blue could do is let a trail (Switchback) go natural like Elk does with Tunk.  That would be spectacular!
Switchback is way too fun to get sketched with the freeze /thaw that will inevitably occur. I'm intrigued by the the idea though. I'd nominate widowmaker as guinea pig trail.

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yep. Hardly any people, no speed limit. And though the base is hard, it holds well, no obvious ice. Carving like on the rails, no need to check the speed or applied force. It just holds all the way through. Wow.

Amazing what a couple inches of fresh snow will do when mixed in with the man-made junk.

• Like 1