Camelback Weekend Super Stoke Thread

saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Skill levels are so arbitrary. I'm obviously a beginner compared to you guys, but I'm an expert compared to a first timer. IDK. Skiing all about having... a good time.

You're not a beginner I'd objectively say you are a lower intermediate skier but probably be a solid intermediate by mid season based on the amount you ski...

• Thanks 1

Skill levels are so arbitrary. I'm obviously a beginner compared to you guys, but I'm an expert compared to a first timer. IDK. Skiing all about having... a good time.

Oh, I wasn't talking about skills at all. I haven't seen you and have no idea how you ski (however some stories about poles and exhausting yourself on Upper Marc Anthony do come to mind). I was talking about time you were doing this.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

Oh, I wasn't talking about skills at all. I haven't seen you and have no idea how you ski (however some stories about poles and exhausting yourself on Upper Marc Anthony do come to mind). I was talking about time you were doing this.

Lol. I literally can't move on flat terrain when the snow isn't fast. It seems to take way too much effort. Once I get just a little downhill slope, I'm good. My diagnosis is it must be the skis, because I know how to push with my poles and ice skate but it still takes way too much effort.

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

I think a little bit of that is his humor. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think a little bit of that is his humor. 

Exactly. I know that sarcasm (and stupidity per Toast) don't come across on the internet. But I just type whatever's on my mind because I think it's funny and I don't care if anyone else does or doesn't... as long as I'm not spamming threads and annoying everyone.

Exactly. I know that sarcasm (and stupidity per Toast) don't come across on the internet. But I just type whatever's on my mind because I think it's funny and I don't care if anyone else does or doesn't... as long as I'm not spamming threads and annoying everyone.

As long as you're not boring or basic you're ok in my book 📚 

• Thanks 1

I went to Killington last year and it was ok. Just kidding, it was amazing. I only fell once on Great Northern... no idea how it happened. Skiied the majority of blue squares with no problem. This year I'm going to Stowe and will try some diamonds.

Don’t. Front 4, especially when sketch is no joke. Well maybe nosedive (which is not part of front 4) but even upper nosedive switchbacks will give you serious pause. The blues trails at Stowe will put a huge smile on your face. Stowe is an awesome mountain, wish I could get there more. As a FYI great northern at K should be a green. Not sure why they say it’s a blue.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Don’t. Front 4, especially when sketch is no joke. Well maybe nosedive but even upper nosedive switchbacks will give you serious pause. The blues trails at Stowe will put a huge smile on your face. Stowe is an awesome mountain, wish I could get there more. As a FYI great northern at K should be a green. Not sure why they say it’s a blue.

Thanks. I'm cautious and always start with the easy trails at new mountains before progressing. I found most of the blue trails very easy at K-ton.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, saltyant said:

Never stopped GSS...

• Like 1