Camelback Weekend Super Stoke Thread

saltyant

26 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Maybe they are counting each tubing run.

Blue is supposed to get tubing open on saturday. About time. Finally catching up to Camelback.

The amount of snowmaking going on this week on Blue’s tubing cam is impressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought the camel was gonna have 17 runs open..wow at least Marijies is open. That's their most famous run 

Who told you 17 runs? Ski2Live said they were getting the whole Sullivan side open, and it looks like mission [mostly] accomplished.

I hope by "Tuts" they mean King Tut, and not another first-time skier trail. They have so many different names for them I can't keep track. King Tut is actually fun; I like blasting down that and into Meadows, which is very wide, and you can get good speed.

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

Of all trails there I like Raceway (and the one parallel to it) the most. Wide, usually decent snow, separate lift, and rarely crowded.

Yep, those two are where I escape to when every other trail gets packed. I have never seen the Pocono Raceway lift run yet, and that would be a nice addition for when Stevenson gets packed starting around 10-11 am.

37 minutes ago, eaf said:

Of all trails there I like Raceway (and the one parallel to it) the most. Wide, usually decent snow, separate lift, and rarely crowded.

33 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yep, those two are where I escape to when every other trail gets packed. I have never seen the Pocono Raceway lift run yet, and that would be a nice addition for when Stevenson gets packed starting around 10-11 am.

That's usually where my dad and I end up on our Camelback days, lapping Pocono Raceway and Rhododendron Glen, an occasional jaunt down Bactrian. Usually the Raceway triple is running when we're there. It's a real pain in the ass when it's not. 

Last year they set up a self timer and some gates on Raceway. That was fun.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Salty, why don't you have any stats recorded?

I assumed toast was going to ban me immediately yesterday after objectively stating the fact that I received a $5 gift card vs $5 cash for a Blue screw-up, so I didn't want to expend energy on typing all those stats out.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Just as a side note, this Board is by far one of the funniest things I've ever found on the internet. I can't believe I already made almost 400 posts in only a month.

I'm glad you like PASR..PASR has been very good for my skiing. I'd still ski a lot without PASR but I know I ski more because of it.  If not for PASR and all the cool people to ski with and enjorales grilling in the lot I'd probably party rock Saturday night and sleep late Sunday and miss out on an Epic day at Blue. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I assumed toast was going to ban me immediately yesterday after objectively stating the fact that I received a $5 gift card vs $5 cash for a Blue screw-up, so I didn't want to expend energy on typing all those stats out.

Ouch!  Shots fired toast!  

37d.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'm glad you like PASR..PASR has been very good for my skiing. I'd still ski a lot without PASR but I know I ski more because of it.  If not for PASR and all the cool people to ski with and enjorales grilling in the lot I'd probably party rock Saturday night and sleep late Sunday and miss out on an Epic day at Blue. 

You guys are entertaining. I know very few people that ski outside of PASR, and they only go with me once or twice a year.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You guys are entertaining. I know very few people that ski outside of PASR, and they only go with me once or twice a year.

Most people I skied with when I was a kid no longer ski..family/careers/lack of $$$ or lack of interest got in the way.  Most of my Allentown friends don't ski or if they do it's like once a season. Amazing how many people who have gear go an entire season without skiing..life is way way too short for that.  

Just now, saltyant said:

You guys don't know the hell I went through to get to and from Blue on Wednesday night, so I felt entitled to one minor "complaint".

How much longer did the drive home take. I feel your pain it took me 35 minutes to get to blue instead of 30 minutes due to a gaper delay on 22 and heavy traffic on 145.