Trip Report - 12/17/2017

saltyant

Back from another epic day at the camel. This time I strategized my morning routine and was rewarded with FirstTrax promptly at 7:30 am, and subsequently the third civilian chair.  Fresh cord was abundant on all six trails, and snow was softer and more enjoyable than yesterday. I spent 3 hours alternating between Marjie’s and Tuts, and only did Honeymoon once because it sucks. Conditions held up nicely throughout the morning, and Marjie's was better, with less hard pack, but instead small piles of powder scattered throughout the piste. Before leaving, I headed over to the Glen, and rode the dinosaur chair to make 9 runs on Rhododendron Glen, which was my favorite run of the day.

At 9:08 am, a tragic turn of events had befallen me. While on the Sullivan lift, I was reaching into my pocket to change the song on my phone, and suddenly my $5 gift card from Blue Mountain fell and is now lost forever.  I promptly contacted ski patrol and urged them to suspend lift operations for the day and send out a search and rescue party for my beloved gift card, but sadly this did not happen.  Other than this devastating loss, today was another good day. JADIP*

* JADIP - Copyright © 2017 by GrilledSteezeSandwich. All rights reserved. No part of this acronym may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of GrilledSteezeSandwich, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to GrilledSteezeSandwich, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at some hotel.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Nick Malozzi is a former poster and so is Glenn and when people mention the Glen lift it makes me thick there should be a Nick Malozzi lift. I don't think either skis more than ten days a year or two both are hipsters and need at least a few days a month dedicated to waxing their moustaches and organizing their fedoras 

Lol @ Atomic from 2004:

"Diamonds at camelback are such a joke, i usually carve on the headwall and just let loose w/ some GS turns on the run out!"

I was kinda missing the Main Streets today once Marjie's was over really fast each run... I want to keep improving my carving/turning, and you only get to do it on like 1/3 of that run.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Lol @ Atomic from 2004:

"Diamonds at camelback are such a joke, i usually carve on the headwall and just let loose w/ some GS turns on the run out!"

I was kinda missing the Main Streets today once Marjie's was over really fast each run... I want to keep improving my carving/turning, and you only get to do it on like 1/3 of that run.

That's Camelback for you it gets flat quick. Any bump runs open today at Camelback barneys bumps were pretty fun 

Lol @ Atomic from 2004:
He's been consistent with his CB bashing over the years. Props to him.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Any bump runs open today at Camelback barneys bumps were pretty fun 

Lol, no bumps, no terrain park (not that I do that anyway). Same runs as yesterday. It was fun and not too crowded. I left around 11:30 after starting to get bored. I think my days of skiing open to close are over.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Lol, no bumps, no terrain park (not that I do that anyway). Same runs as yesterday. It was fun and not too crowded. I left around 11:30 after starting to get bored. I think my days of skiing open to close are over.

You shouldn't say that if it's good keep skiing when you've had your fill leave ski as much as you want to. I've had night sessions and it's just not fun and I leave in an hour other times they're kicking me out. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You shouldn't say that if it's good keep skiing when you've had your fill leave ski as much as you want to. I've had night sessions and it's just not fun and I leave in an hour other times they're kicking me out. 

Anymore I've generally had my fill after 4 hours. I still enjoy skiing a lot, but the newness has kinda worn off. But I know what you mean, some days you just want to keep going even after close. That's how I was on Wednesday at Blue.

Edited by saltyant

12 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

My wife is a lawyer. I’ll have her call your people. Or you can mail me your $5 gift card from blue. Yeah, let’s do that. Thanks!

I lost my $5 gift card today on the Sullivan lift... it's a damn shame.

My legal counsel reviewed your erroneous claim and found no evidence of copyright infringement on the previous thread. If you can provide empirical evidence of your claim on behalf of GSS we may take your claim into consideration for further review.

Edited by saltyant

I lost my $5 gift card today on the Sullivan lift... it's a damn shame.
My legal counsel reviewed your erroneous claim and found no evidence of copyright infringement on the previous thread. If you can provide empirical evidence of your claim on behalf of GSS we may take your claim into consideration for further review.

“Blue mountain the true mountain” cannot be revised. (I.e., cb the true mountain is a complete rip off). In lieu of your (lost) gift card, please donate to charity or pet a couple of stray cats/dogs
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

“Blue mountain the true mountain” cannot be revised. (I.e., cb the true mountain is a complete rip off). In lieu of your (lost) gift card, please donate to charity or pet a couple of stray cats/dogs

Sorry, I cannot comply with these demands because I'm bankrupt after losing my gift card.

CB is truly the true mountain because they are working hard to get the mountain open at 100 percent. See evidence below.

image.png.050d5565e9723558683b3a36e55979b3.png

Edited by saltyant