Montage TR 12/16/17 - Terrain Expansion

guitar73

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

So here was my technique for advancing kids on steeps. They started out real tentative, mostly going from one side of the trail to the other and only deacending a little each time.

Then I explained to them that since there was a flat after each steep, once they got part way down the steep they could "let it rip" straight down and slow themselves on the flat. They started on each steep asking me when they could "let it rip" and proceeding down with complete confidence once I told them it was ok.

As the next step, I suggested they use their own judgement as to when it was OK to "let it rip" and they started doing that.

Then I explained they could "let it rip" from higher up on the steep if, instead of just going straight down, they switch their weight from ski to ski while going straight down. So they could make small esses, but not the trail wide traverses they had been doing before. And soon they were doing it on a double black.

Pretty good progress for two 10 year olds on one cold day.

Nice!!!! I like hearing that!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 1:38 PM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

They only let them on the slopes a few times a week, so if you want to see it look into that first. Friday and Sunday PM are 2 of the times I think. 

Uh oh I hope I don't get airboarded tomorrow. Hopefully they don't airboard down White Lightning which is where I'll be all day.

4 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Actually I doubt it will take ski patrol more than an hour to get you down it :-)

I made it down White Lightning and I didnt even need ski patrol! I even managed to stop a few times to take some pictures. They forgot to groom White Lightning so it was a mess, gigantic moguls everywhere but I made it down and didnt even get hit by an airboard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I made it down White Lightning and I didnt even need ski patrol! I even managed to stop a few times to take some pictures. They forgot to groom White Lightning so it was a mess, gigantic moguls everywhere but I made it down and didnt even get hit by an airboard.

good job! gotta learn how to tackle them bumps ;) 

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Nice can't wait for the report. Did you get any untracked pow pow?

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow 

For some reason I thought this is what you would say. Yes found a rad powder stash on Lower Runaway and Lower Fastrack since everyone was skiing the double blacks early on. Was just way too epic. The report will have to wait until tomorrow night since I'm eating Chinese and then heading to Camelback for a few hours. Does it count as 2 days if I double dip???

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

They forgot to groom White Lightning so it was a mess, gigantic moguls everywhere but I made it down and didnt even get hit by an airboard.

They didn't forget to groom it.  They left it that way for the bumps.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

They didn't forget to groom it.  They left it that way for the bumps.

I know, lol. I was being facetious because I prefer everything groomed, because its easier to ski on. This powder is much more challenging than what I'm used to and im trying to get better.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

For some reason I thought this is what you would say. Yes found a rad powder stash on Lower Runaway and Lower Fastrack since everyone was skiing the double blacks early on. Was just way too epic. The report will have to wait until tomorrow night since I'm eating Chinese and then heading to Camelback for a few hours. Does it count as 2 days if I double dip???

Nope.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I know, lol. I was being facetious because I prefer everything groomed, because its easier to ski on. This powder is much more challenging than what I'm used to and im trying to get better.

You'll learn once you get some fat skis.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, theprogram4 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5043510

nope, a different mountain counts as a different day.  the only people who have a problem with this are people who never ride more than one mountain in a day lol

So if I shit in two different toilets today does that mean that I shit in two different days?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

So if I shit in two different toilets today does that mean that I shit in two different days?

going to a second mountain is a whole new routine, taking a second shit is no different then the shit you took 2 hours earlier.  using your logic, we have to use 24 hours of skiing to count as one day

• Like 2