BC 12/19

Mixilplix

9 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I'm not shitting on bear i rode there a ton but most seasons they have a week or two where it gets dicey.

When you draw a circles on a map of PA were ski joints can survive weather-wise, they are right on the edge of the one circle.  so close to just not making it work.  

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I bought 3 discounted lift tickets for BC. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. At least they're refundable. Maybe I'll try to go once next week if it gets cold out.

I usually like one day each year at Bear. It's tough to pick a day when conditions are good because of having the Blue pass and it being 15 minutes closer, but so far in my young ski career I enjoy skiing a day there each season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I usually like one day each year at Bear. It's tough to pick a day when conditions are good because of having the Blue pass and it being 15 minutes closer, but so far in my young ski career I enjoy skiing a day there each season.

I think you skied both BC and Blue in the same day last season. 

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think you skied both BC and Blue in the same day last season. 

I did, I came up to Blue solo on a Saturday my dad had to work, and then after he got off at noon we headed over to Bear because Blue was closing at 3 due to rain in the forecast that didn't show up until like 8 pm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

last year i skiied blue and spring on the same day.  i plan on doing it this season as well

TP4, how long do you stay at Spring? I usually stay 3-4 hours, but they've only had the one black diamond open when I went last year. Everything else is pretty damn boring, but at least it's cheap and close to Conshy.

Edited by saltyant

23 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Mixilplix do you get bored with the short runs at BC?

Sometimes I do..but when I'm five minutes away I can't see diving anywhere else for a season pass...I have often thought about a Blue pass...but I really don't want to drive an 45 min to an hour to get there ...and even longer to get home....to spend 2 hours on the hill

I don't need tons of vert or high speed lifts  to keep me entertained....I just try to get better at all the things I suck at...

The ski area is what you make it.....