12-22...we out here

Shadows

I was basing my analysis off reports from SallyCat and my observation on Wednesday night when I noticed zero separation between the VIP and regular lines, despite there being two VIP readers. However, I believe I fully acknowledged somewhere above that it's still relatively early in the season, and both instances were on weeknights. AtomicJeff then stated that the VIP line was in use during weekends, which I was glad to hear. It matters to me only because I'm a prospective Blue season pass holder and am looking for a reasonable comparison between the two mountains' crowd management systems.
OK but you do see how calling Blue's VIP line management a disappointment and how talking about your high hopes for it, when you're 1) not a pass holder and 2) have ever seen the benefits of it given your limited days there can be off-putting to people who ski / love Blue don't you? Your "observations" are based on a mid week evening in December. Go MLK Sunday at 10 or 11 then tell us what your observations are before deeming it a disappointment.

Honestly Salty I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm trying to point out what's been rubbing people the wrong way about some of your posts as I genuinely believe you're a nice guy. I've been around here a while though. Being a great skier isn't what earns you a reputation. Being cool and not posting from your high horse (albeit with limited experience) does.
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

I never found it intimidating traffic wise.also helps if you play in bumps/trail sides and the stunt ditches

Yeah, that's why I chimed in to Salty. If you're a slower skier who can't yet go into the bumps and ditches, crowded trails can get a little nerve-wracking. Everyone has their comfort level, of course. 

He's agonizing over hypotheticals; you know that when the Blue season pass offer rolls around in February, hell go for it. I'll supply parking lot beer for the entire month of March if it that's not true. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Rodney is an old guy who is at Blue almost everyday..he's in the head of the crew that always used to hang at the power transformer in the lower lot.  Others in that crew are Slim, Gary, Gary, Gary and the MILFs..yeah like 32% of 50 something year old men are named Gary.  

Everybody have fun at Blue this weekend I'm leaving for Virginia in a few. 

Have a safe trip.

• Like 1

Ridge, i was basing my post on Sallycat's report that she had to stand in line even though she's a passholder. That's all. I don't think that's entirely fair to a passholder, but I understand the line wasnt terribly long. If this is incorrect then let me know. 

Edited by saltyant

Ridge, i was basing my post on Sallycat's report that she had to stand in line even though she's a passholder. That's all. I don't think that's entirely fair to a passholder, but I understand the line wasnt terribly long. If this is incorrect then let me know. 
Galileo was great at observing things too and he got a ton of likes.
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, that's a cool comparison. I didn't intend to make a big deal out of something so minor, since that seems how it came across.

Blue was awesome on Wednesday and ive been there more times than CB. So i give them a ton of credit. I like to bust on both mountains if they do something stupid, even if its extremely minor. But if i take it too far then by all means let me know or delete my posts.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:
2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Well, eventually.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:
1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
Sit on it!!! VIP will be resolved this is the busiest December Blue has ever had. 
IMG_2020.JPG.e11084004e2c037d8609c3c27433f032.JPG

What makes this post even more hilarious is that I can see you pulling over on the way to Virginia to download a Fonzi meme just to make that point. I'm literally laughing my ass off

Nah was in slow traffic lol. 

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Kickrocks.jpg~c200

fill me in again on why the VIP line makes you act like an immature child throwing a tantrum?

Cause he lives all the way in New Jersey and has made opening like twice ever..hard to get up early when the new Beatles has practice late into the night and you're tipsy off Yuengling throat lubricant. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nothing high brow about the Great Gatsby..every derp who's not in vo tech or special ed has to read that. 

And that's why Ridge was admitted onto my chair and your application is....pending.  

I'm just goofing around, GSS. Too much rain, and at least another three days of not skiing. A girl has to entertain herself somehow!

• Like 2