Camelback Trail Dilemma

saltyant

Very exciting news!!! Camelback just released the infographic below on their Facebook page so we all know which trails are open today, and which trails will be open today and tomorrow.

image.jpeg.d3d17e2c94f08229f58d300b0f20d054.jpeg

Anyone notice a problem? Sullivan Trail, a real black diamond, is open, but unfortunately none of the connecting trails are. Upon an inquiry to this perplexing problem from a random user, here is how Camelback management responded:

image.png.32acb7e2fddf90f495a61fd02c3b2f81.png

Does anyone know how I am supposed to ski the only black diamond trail open this weekend? I've already done extensive analysis, and determined that I can't cut over from King Tut/Meadows to John Bailey because that black diamond is closed. I also don't think the connection between Big Pocono and Uncle Bill's Way is open and groomed, and it looks like it might even be an uphill segment based on the trail map. Maybe they made some snow in the glades between Marjie's and Rocket and just forgot to highlight the trail purple?

Can any of you Camelback trail experts solve this dilemma?

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wasn't marjies open last week?  Is Sullivan really a black wow just wow 

It was open last week, but for determining open trails, I'm going by what they wrote on Facebook and their official trail map.

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It was open last week, but for determining open trails, I'm going by what they wrote on Facebook and their official trail map.

I'm guessing marjies is open then and they forgot to highlight it.  Remember there's something in the water in the Poke N Hoes which keeps average IQ a full standard deviation below the mean..yeah in the shady 80s....woooo

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'm guessing marjies is open then and they forgot to highlight it.  Remember there's something in the water in the Poke N Hoes which keeps average IQ a full standard deviation below the mean..yeah in the shady 80s....woooo

This may be true but then they are providing incorrect information on Facebook text posts as well (see post above).

Edited by saltyant

Well you will just have to wait and see..worst case you have to walk through the woods to get to the Sullivan trail which is a real black diamond 

This is truly a possibility but I don't want to lose my Camelback season pass for poaching.

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Stevenson lift that's great news high five. 

Julius Caesar is no one's favorite. It sucks. It's literally flat and slightly uphill. It's only purpose to me is to connect to the trails that funnel into the Stevenson lift.

Just now, saltyant said:

Julius Caesar is no one's favorite. It sucks. It's literally flat and slightly uphill. It's only purpose to me is to connect to the trails that funnel into the Stevenson lift.

I prefer Augustus Ceaser. Et tu Brute...and don't get it twisted Cleopatra is fine and dresses provocatively but she ain't no hollerback girl..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just lap the Glen lift..that's a nice area could take a lifetime to explore all the nooks and crannies. 

Haha, Ok. At least you can take the Stevenson Lift to Rhododendron Glen. That means I can ride a high speed quad AND get some extra vert before bombing down Rhododendron Glen!

Edited by saltyant