Camelback Trail Dilemma

saltyant

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Due to this major error, I'm considering getting a pass for Blue. But Blue can't get their opening times right on social media, so I guess it's Montage then.

Actually, now that you keep bringing the BM SP up, let me ask the all knowing community a few things, to make it easier for you to decide ;)

1) When exactly does Blue start selling their most discounted passes for the next year?

2) Is this typically a flash sale, like you really have to be fast to get 40% off, because of time and supply restrictions?

3) Will SPs from the very first sale cover the rest of the current season or is this starting only in March or so?

Ride the lift up to the fucking top of the mountain.  Take the fucking water slide down to Uncle Bills, then hop on the fucking mountain coaster, and be prepared to jump off at Sullivan Trail.  This is the Circus that you signed up for.  Oh, by the way, both the water slide and mountain coaster are double blacks, so you are good to go.  Dont forget to turn on your go pro.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Actually, now that you keep bringing the BM SP up, let me ask the all knowing community a few things, to make it easier for you to decide ;)

1) When exactly does Blue start selling their most discounted passes for the next year?

2) Is this typically a flash sale, like you really have to be fast to get 40% off, because of time and supply restrictions?

3) Will SPs from the very first sale cover the rest of the current season or is this starting only in March or so?

Usually late Feb is when they start selling passes discounted.  Last year they said there were a limited number, but it went on for days if not weeks.  Buying a pass then will grant you access to skiing the balance of 2018 and the 2018/2019 season.  Buying a pass now will get you the balance of this season.  

Ride the lift up to the fucking top of the mountain.  Take the fucking water slide down to Uncle Bills, then hop on the fucking mountain coaster, and be prepared to jump off at Sullivan Trail.  This is the Circus that you signed up for.  Oh, by the way, both the water slide and mountain coaster are double blacks, so you are good to go.  Dont forget to turn on your go pro.  
Hahahahahaha

32 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Usually late Feb is when they start selling passes discounted.  Last year they said there were a limited number, but it went on for days if not weeks.  Buying a pass then will grant you access to skiing the balance of 2018 and the 2018/2019 season.  Buying a pass now will get you the balance of this season.  

Yeah, I wish BM had some sort of a value pass like CB has. Weekdays and weekend nights only. That would've been a no-brainer for me.

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah, I wish BM had some sort of a value pass like CB has. Weekdays and weekend nights only. That would've been a no-brainer for me.

It's only $100 more for a pass good all the time.  Weekend nights usually have craptastic conditions due to all the daytime traffic. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf you're at Blue a lot do you buy tickets every time 

Yeah, but I typically come at night to avoid crowds and pay only $25-30 per visit. In the past they had Sunday nights dirt cheap, $25/night. Right now it's $35 for some reason. If I come in the middle of a weekend it's because I have a few of those Pocono Ski Cards and it's close to spring.

And since it's a CB thread, to stay on topic I'll say that CB is the worst at discounting tickets. Their nights are $40, and IIRC last spring while Blue was throwing all kinds of discounts, CB was demanding full price every weekend.