Ski Selection Thread

saltyant

Just now, Justo8484 said:

Looks like the standard going rate for the Griffon 13 should be $160-180 which seems fair for that binding. Not sure what blue stocks, but a mount at most might be $75? So you're probably topping out right around your $230 mark, but then you're buying products and services from somewhere local, and you can talk to a real employee in person should you run into any issues. If you've ever had to deal with a botched mount, or warrantying something, having an actual person to deal with is definitely worth something.

I saw your post and then edited mine. Agree 100% about bindings, not something I want to mess with 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I saw your post and then edited mine. Agree 100% about bindings, not something I want to mess with 

Sweet. Hope they work out. I don't work in a shop anymore, but still like to help people find the right gear for a fair price. If blue can handle @AtomicSkier and @mute1080's shifts, they can handle the markers or tyrolias that those online shops were packaging with that ski. No finicky AFD or forward pressure setup on either of those like shifts or pivots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty I’d buy the skis online and buy bindings at Blue. They’ll mount them for free if you buy the bindings there. 

That's the game plan. I tried local shops for the skis including True Blue but no one has them, so online for the skis it is.

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty I’d buy the skis online and buy bindings at Blue. They’ll mount them for free if you buy the bindings there. 

That’s what I was gonna post. That $520 deal at curated.com (never shopped there but had crazy number of positive reviews) leaves you $230 for bindings and won’t have to pay for the mount. 

And flat skis ship faster, you might have them for this weekend if you buy now!

Edited by enjoralas
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

That’s what I was gonna post. That $520 deal at curated.com (never shopped there but had crazy number of positive reviews) leaves you $230 for bindings and won’t have to pay for the mount. 

And flat skis ship faster, you might have them for this weekend if you buy now!

My skis came in three days and I didn’t pay extra for faster shipping. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Glad you actually got new skis after trying something. Hopefully they make Blue ski as well as Snowbasin did!

They handled icy conditions very well. Where I'd be hesitant on the RTMs, I just ripped down the ice on the Ripsticks.

Yes, I encountered many slick spots at each mountain due to freeze/thaw

• Like 2

Just now, saltyant said:

They handled icy conditions very well. Where I'd be hesitant on the RTMs, I just ripped down the ice on the Ripsticks.

Yes, I encountered many slick spots at each mountain due to freeze/thaw

Sounds great. It seems like all of the skis you tried had something you liked about them. you seemed most stoked on the ripsticks, though. Can't wait to see them! 

• Thanks 1