Ski Selection Thread

saltyant

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wonder how old the skis were.  It’s amazing most skis last like 200+ ski days.  

2016 Carnage on Challenge, had a nice bump  line on skiers left and someone cut me off. I bailed through a deep trough and pow! 
Messed up the toe piece  too. 

In my early teens I broke a tail just like @saltyants picture a long time ago. Ludicrous speed backseat landing off a jump. 

IMG_4799.jpeg

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

2016 Carnage on Challenge, had a nice bump  line on skiers left and someone cut me off. I bailed through a deep trough and pow! 

In my early teens I broke a tail just like @saltyants picture a long time ago. Ludicrous speed backseat landing off a jump. 

IMG_4799.jpeg

I think you can duct tape that

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

IMG_4799.jpeg

I feel like older skis like from the 90s weren’t as durable.  I had delamination issues with a pair of Pre 5a and the next year got Pre M6as they were a nice ski..my K2 El Camino and K2 Kreisler’s were my favorites prior to Salomon XScreams which were badass. Now I just ski the same pair of Kastles everyday for the last 3 years and the fat ones on pow days. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...