Xmas Eve and both expresses down

eaf

I like the morning crowd. All wound up, silent, knowing what they want, leaving the lodge 3 mins ahead, almost marching down the stairs.

Nothing compared to the day time people. All relaaaaxed, sipping tea or beer, stairing through the window, chatting lazily.

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

It's not icy here, and so far Lazy is such that I wish I had somewhat wider skis.

Hey saltyant, they did a full bypass for SP holders at the lift, so you can ditch Montage and start thinking Blue again ;)

Is lazy sugar??  Do you have wider skis than Slalom skis??  I noticed the six pack wasn't running at 7:57am so did everybody parked at the bottom drive to the top lot in their ski boots???  

20 minutes ago, eaf said:

I like the morning crowd. All wound up, silent, knowing what they want, leaving the lodge 3 mins ahead, almost marching down the stairs.

Nothing compared to the day time people. All relaaaaxed, sipping tea or beer, stairing through the window, chatting lazily.

You mean compared to weekday people?? 

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You mean compared to weekday people?? 

No, I mean day time people. Those are half tired, half not knowing what they want to do. Today morning crowd surprised me with sheer determination to come out and ski.

But they were all silent cowards when attendants were sending them from 6 pack to quad and back. Not a single whine. A was pissed after 25 mins waiting, but not them. 

1 minute ago, eaf said:

No, I mean day time people. Those are half tired, half not knowing what they want to do. Today morning crowd surprised me with sheer determination to come out and ski.

But they were all silent cowards when attendants were sending them from 6 pack to quad and back. Not a single whine. A was pissed after 25 mins waiting, but not them. 

Wow just wow...I'm no pushover..I'd be crying a river.  I'm way more tired night skiing..I'm bright eyed (sometimes red eyed) and bushy tailed waiting for the gates to open at 750am..

Eaf I like the real time reports.  I've left my phone in my car everyday this season but will do some real time reports this season. I'm paranoid about going into my pockets and taking phone out on the lift but like to post from the summit of Tuts lane or the top of switchback where there's good reception. 

Any liftlines yet?  I'm lying in bed in my parents guest room in Arlington VA..I would have loved to ski today. Looks like nice weather..it's all good I'm skiing 7 straight mornings at Blue beginning Tuesday will have me at 20 days on January 1

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Any liftlines yet?  I'm lying in bed in my parents guest room in Arlington VA..I would have loved to ski today. Looks like nice weather..it's all good I'm skiing 7 straight mornings at Blue beginning Tuesday will have me at 20 days on January 1

Main lift has zero people. Expresses continuously break down, so it varies. They shut down six pack permanently, then quad shortly stopped for 10 mins, and it started to get crowded. People waiting outside gates.

Just now, eaf said:

Main lift has zero people. Expresses continuously break down, so it varies. They shut down six pack permanently, then quad shortly stopped for 10 mins, and it started to get crowded. People waiting outside gates.

They better get the lift situation fixed by Tuesday when the real crowds come out. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Hahahaha. Eaf come to CB. Both our express lifts work and you can see me skiing like a boss on my RTM 81s

Yeah, I'll get there next year when my tickets kick in.

How are the RTMs though? I don't see any test reports.

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah, I'll get there next year when my tickets kick in.

How are the RTMs though? I don't see any test reports.

I really like them. I feel more confident on the cookies and hard pack. Much more stable than my Elans. I dont know how much of this is psychological and physical, but I really like the RTMs 

Yeah, the loss of a 6 pack is a big problem. Quad is definitely not keeping up, lines are up to the scanners now consistently. And no line management, most chairs are leaving with 2-3 people, sometimes 1, sometimes 4.

The stupid part is that there are not too many people on the mountain. Skiing is very comfortable. And so is lodge.

16 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah, the loss of a 6 pack is a big problem. Quad is definitely not keeping up, lines are up to the scanners now consistently. And no line management, most chairs are leaving with 2-3 people, sometimes 1, sometimes 4.

The stupid part is that there are not too many people on the mountain. Skiing is very comfortable. And so is lodge.

You love the lodge...I haven't spent any time in the lodge in years. 

17 minutes ago, eaf said:

You love the lodge...I haven't spent any time in the lodge in years. 

Is ski check open??