12/29/17...good snow..cold...red chair.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  It was around 11 degrees when I arrived at the lower lot at 725am and not as windy as yesterday but still very cold.  In the house were JfDan, PARidge, Toast, Slim, GahSkier George and many others.  No indiggio today..it's always a mystery which Subaru he comes in I think he alternates.  

Ended up on the second civilian six pack..slackers..Challenge was a carpet for first run so nice..then hit up Razors and there was a layer of about 3" of beautiful diamond dust lighter than the tears of an unborn baby wow was it good so we hit that three times.  I still haven't been on razorback yet this season.  Did one run on sidewinder and it was like Toasts favorite Katie Perry song Hot and Cold..some good spots some not so good.  

Switchback is open i skied it once and it was good for the first day just just ok compared to the other terrain. Main Street had nice snow and so did lazy mile which was crazy mile.  We took the quad up once and gosh the piles on nightmare to dreamweaver are massive and the groomers were also grooming out the massive whales in Central Park. Guns were also blowing on the two glade runs.  Paradise was also good but a little crowded and I skied Paradise twice. 

The highlight of today was being on the res chair not once but twice..the red chair is sweet and the red color stores heat so it's a good chair to ride if you wanna warm up your buns or hands.  After skiing the last four days in a row with at least three more on tap I had my Phil like Mickelson and left..did not have any beers today just drove straight to work put together a deposit and going to the bank then lunch then read what Salty is up to and take a nap..ski everybody this weekend. Hopefully AngryHugo, Johnny Law and NMSki will be out I haven't seen those guys much. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The highlight of today was being on the res chair not once but twice..the red chair is sweet and the red color stores heat so it's a good chair to ride if you wanna warm up your buns or hands.  

That doesn't sound right... but I don't know enough about thermodynamics to dispute you. 

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Razors was the best I have skied it other than fresh snow. WOW JUST WOW.

Everything else was pretty damn good too. They will be 100% by the year's end. Can our local historian Doug confirm this as the only time?

At least in modern times yes.  I wasn't around for 6 seasons when I was in college and lived in Montana but I highly doubt any of those years was 100% in December.  Now they can resurface everything and get the base freaking huge and even if it's warm and rainy for days on end they'll be fine.  

There are very few things that are better in life than those first few runs on razors this morning. It was like skiing on silk. Nice to ski switchback as well. Sidewinder was also good as was main, challenge and damn near everything today... Even Burma which Dan and myself skied after a trip to the True Blue Ski shoppe.

Shout out to the ski shop in the valley for fixing my boot for me in literally minutes. Always a good experience with them.

Proof we were burning our asses off on the red chair below. 051f8036ee09aadd0ed717e26bdce60e.jpg80c9474a1241cadb5045871910a6ea8e.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Shadows said:

^dont you have a job

i dont like going to it in the winter, so i dont.  

no, really my work is seasonal.  being able to take off in the winter when i like makes up for 70-80 hr weeks April to  November.  Over the winter i just have projects that need to be completed before April 1st, so its very flexible.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Razors was the best I have skied it other than fresh snow. WOW JUST WOW.

Everything else was pretty damn good too. They will be 100% by the year's end. Can our local historian Doug confirm this as the only time?

Totally agree. The bumps were very good today as well.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I saw ZZSlope..earlier but he ignored me when I yelled out his name. I think he was with Hayata who knows me but I don't know him.  

Hayata wasn't there today, late night after a concert, he knows you by sight. My apologies for ignoring you, I would have liked to say hello. 

• Thanks 1

I see Dan still rocking the same neon orange hoody!  I was behind a guy at Eldora a few weeks ago who’s outfit was similar. I immediately said “Dan” in my head. You guys should come out this way sometime and try Crested Butte. 

• Like 2

I see Dan still rocking the same neon orange hoody!  I was behind a guy at Eldora a few weeks ago who’s outfit was similar. I immediately said “Dan” in my head. You guys should come out this way sometime and try Crested Butte. 

Would love to. Anything for my wife to do who doesn’t ski?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Dan and I were just talking today about needing to get back out to see you in CO Barb!

• Like 2

Toast Crested Butte is an awesome, funky little town. Snowshoeing, XC ski (Nordic center with groomed trails), surprising amount of great restaurants and bars, full spa at the hotel next to the lifts. 

http://www.watchdogcb.com/vacation-rental-home.asp?PageDataID=132730#Calendar

you know I always give the “PASR” discount if anyone wants to come non holiday periods. In those pictures the ladder has been replaced with a spiral staircase which the town insisted I install (I freaking hate it). 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice thanks for posting your picture as long as you aren't wearing your Facebook I'll be able to spot you. 

That isn't me in the avatar. It's from a very bad/funny 80s sci fi movie Space Mutiny (hey its got Cameron Mitchell's dad in it).

I'll be the snowboarder wearing black pants and a light blue jacket and blue helmet. 

• Thanks 1