Trip Report - 12/29/2017

saltyant

12 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Switched to contacts for ski days myself this season

I wear contacts when I ski and when I go out to bars..otherwise wear glasses when I drive and often nothing just around my room or at work where everything is basically within arms reach if my arms were 15 feet long. 

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Last year I wore glasses and hardly ever wore goggles at all because the damn glasses would fog up. Now that I switched to contacts, I always wear goggles and they never fog up. I'll never go back to glasses voluntarily again.

Did you hit 50mph today. I can't ski those speeds without goggles. 

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

this is impressive

When ever I upgrade my iPhone the people at the AT&T store are hella impressed.  I haven't had home internet in years..and have had unlimited data forever and I like iPhones better than computers...I'm sometimes on wifi at work but watch like 6 YouTube shows daily at least 10-15 minutes each and whatever else I want and PASR, Facebook, local news, weather and looking for a wife preferably from Russia or the Ukraine..lol just kidding..kinda sorta.. 

Cliffhanger was amazing this morning. I think that was my best carving ever. Currently eating Chinese. Not sure I want to go back, it's become an absolute madhouse as expected and people were breathing down my neck for my close parking spot when I left. I might just go back tomorrow morning again for First Trax. I absolutely now see why you guys ski early on and quit before lunch.

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Cliffhanger was amazing this morning. I think that was my best carving ever. Currently eating Chinese. Not sure I want to go back, it's become an absolute madhouse as expected and people were breathing down my neck for my close parking spot when I left. I might just go back tomorrow morning again for First Trax. I absolutely now see why you guys ski early on and quit before lunch.

We just ski as much as we wanna ski. Matt edge is still out there and I'm sure indiggio as well. I've had times where I skied in the morning and at night the same day.  Just do what you like.  What are you eating at the buffet?  Chinese buffets are a great deal one item at a traditional Chinese restaurant is about what the buffet costs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We just ski as much as we wanna ski. Matt edge is still out there and I'm sure indiggio as well. I've had times where I skied in the morning and at night the same day.  Just do what you like.  What are you eating at the buffet?  Chinese buffets are a great deal one item at a traditional Chinese restaurant is about what the buffet costs. 

Hot and sour soup currently. I might see if I can get my favorite spot near Stevenson Lift. If not I'll head home. I refuse to deal with the shuttle nonsense.

Just now, saltyant said:

Hot and sour soup currently. I might see if I can get my favorite spot near Stevenson Lift. If not I'll head home. I refuse to deal with the shuttle nonsense.

How long does the shuttle take?  Hot and sour soup is good. Sometimes I add a wonton to that to be progressive. 

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

How long does the shuttle take?  Hot and sour soup is good. Sometimes I add a wonton to that to be progressive. Salty I bet there was untracked pow pow the first 4-5 runs at the camel 🐫 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How long does the shuttle take?  Hot and sour soup is good. Sometimes I add a wonton to that to be progressive. Salty I bet there was untracked pow pow the first 4-5 runs at the camel 🐫 

Doesnt take that long but it just annoys me. But whatever this morning was insanely good.  Lots of untracked pow and no crowds until around 10:30. i'll write a tr when I get home.

51 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

1998 called and wants their phone back. 

It's still an Android. I have been using an Android since 2014. Before that, I had a flip phone from 2005 to 2014. My $50 Android Tracfone performs the same exact functions that an I Phone does, except that my Android doesn't purposely slow down as the batteries age like in the I Phone does.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/12/27/16822736/apple-battery-slowdown-iphone-6-6s-se-lawsuit

58 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It's still an Android. I have been using an Android since 2014. Before that, I had a flip phone from 2005 to 2014. My $50 Android Tracfone performs the same exact functions that an I Phone does, except that my Android doesn't purposely slow down as the batteries age like in the I Phone does.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/12/27/16822736/apple-battery-slowdown-iphone-6-6s-se-lawsuit

Better you than me. I just did a one year Droid trial as a beta tester for the S7 Edge and it was miserable. 

• Like 1