Trip Report - 12/29/2017

saltyant

Running Android means nothing. Since it's an open source platform any OEM can run it free of charge. The PASRs can begin a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to create "the PASR Phone" and we could run Android on it free of charge. That sure as hell doesn't mean it would be a good phone. Just look at those cheap $30 tablets from K Mart or wherever.

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I should add that I prefer Android devices. Just ones with decent hardware. Salty get rid of your jitterbug phone and go to Amazon / unlocked phones. You can get nice deals on decent phones (Moto G, Honor, Nokia etc.) that are unlocked.

My phone isn't the issue, it's my service plan. I have an LGL33L and it does everything I need it to do. I'm usually around WiFi so I don't really need a lot of data. Plus I waste enough time online the way it is and I need to start doing more productive things with my time.

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

What didn't you like?

1. My car USB port recognizes iPhones. It used to recognize androids until Google made a file system change in 2014. 

2. iCloud synchronization. Bookmarks, credit cards, passwords and photos. It’s all there all the time on every device  

3. iMessage. I want all my texts on my tablet and phone and computer.

My phone isn't the issue, it's my service plan. I have an LGL33L and it does everything I need it to do. I'm usually around WiFi so I don't really need a lot of data. Plus I waste enough time online the way it is and I need to start doing more productive things with my time.
OK. You need a better plan. But dude you really need to upgrade that phone. You're running lollipop. That's 3 Android versions ago. You're taking rad pics at CB on a 5mp camera and even more rad selfies on a less than 1mp front facing camera which is probably why your profile pic is so blurry. Not to mention that 8gb of storage space that won't hold a lot of those rad shots. Those specs shouldn't exist in 2018. Upgrade and you'll see.

14 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
33 minutes ago, saltyant said:

OK. You need a better plan. But dude you really need to upgrade that phone. You're running lollipop. That's 3 Android versions ago. You're taking rad pics at CB on a 5mp camera and even more rad selfies on a less than 1mp front facing camera which is probably why your profile pic is so blurry. Not to mention that 8gb of storage space that won't hold a lot of those rad shots. Those specs shouldn't exist in 2018. Upgrade and you'll see.

One of these days. I still carry around a Canon Powershot that I bought in 2008 for trips and special occasions, and it takes decent pics, though nothing spectacular.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:23 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When ever I upgrade my iPhone the people at the AT&T store are hella impressed.  I haven't had home internet in years..and have had unlimited data forever and I like iPhones better than computers...I'm sometimes on wifi at work but watch like 6 YouTube shows daily at least 10-15 minutes each and whatever else I want and PASR, Facebook, local news, weather and looking for a wife preferably from Russia or the Ukraine..lol just kidding..kinda sorta.. 

One of my co-workers went to the Ukraine 3 or 4 times to visit girls that he met on line. He went skiing during one of those visits. Until the war with Russia, or what ever they are calling it now, he was seriously considering moving there upon retirement this month.

4 hours ago, zzslope said:

One of my co-workers went to the Ukraine 3 or 4 times to visit girls that he met on line. He went skiing during one of those visits. Until the war with Russia, or what ever they are calling it now, he was seriously considering moving there upon retirement this month.

I guess Odessa is where rich middle age men travel to in order to meet hot young Ukrainian girls..I honestly would take my chance and if I get catfished I'll take her back to the UPS store or Luthansa airlines

4 hours ago, zzslope said:

There is no war with Russia. Ukranians can't figure out how to live in their own country.