01/01 - Brutally cold, but nice in every other way

eaf

16 minutes ago, eaf said:

Well, clearly the stream of people who can describe their food preferences and various misfortunes so vividly has run dry, and it's getting a little bit boring here. For me twice as boring because I was first getting a laugh reading your reports and then a kick out of the board's reaction.

You had me laughing today when I asked how you liked my carving, and your response was "which part of run did you carve on, the top, middle, or bottom?"

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A steep before a flat is great because you can work on your bullet tuck to carry your speed..Floyds is the best run at JF 100% if the elevator isn't open 

My friend who I skied with today made it down Floyds several times, and it was only his fourth time skiing ever. Plus he started doing glades with me. I was very impressed.

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

you carve???  Nice that you've advanced from the pocono shuffle you were doing 2 weeks ago!!!  

Lol I don't know. I thought I got the hang of carving finally, since I've noticed a tremendous improvement in my skiing over the last 4 days since buying the Volkls. But eaf said I was skidding... so I guess I wasn't carving. But that was at the end of the day, and I was pretty tired. Afterall I skied approximately 155 runs the last 4 days.

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

My friend who I skied with today made it down Floyds several times, and it was only his fourth time skiing ever. Plus he started doing glades with me. I was very impressed.

How did you ski through the forest without hitting trees..ski good or eat wood bahahaha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, saltyant said:

Lol I don't know. I thought I got the hang of carving finally, since I've noticed a tremendous improvement in my skiing over the last 4 days since buying the Volkls. But eas said I was skidding... so I guess I wasn't carving. But that was at the end of the day, and I was pretty tired. Afterall I skied approximately 155 runs the last 4 days.

Way to get after it.  Is this the first time you skied 4 days in a row??  Skiing consecutive days is how you get good. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How did you ski through the forest without hitting trees..ski good or eat wood bahahaha 

I started out with the wide glades, and then got more confident later in the day and upped the intensity. Very fun.

Honestly, how do the glades at JF compare to Blue? I don't think I can ski at CB after this because there aren't any glades there.

21 minutes ago, eaf said:

Well, clearly the stream of people who can describe their food preferences and various misfortunes so vividly has run dry, and it's getting a little bit boring here. For me twice as boring because I was first getting a laugh reading your reports and then a kick out of the board's reaction.

But are you still convinced that he's an expert level skier of yearly Vermont trip caliber in sheep's clothing?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty did you give your friend a New Years kiss??

Nope. He was skiing with his fiancée. I was the third wheel, but I didn't mind at all because it's nice to ski with someone every now and then since I'm solo 95% of the time.

I started out with the wide glades, and then got more confident later in the day and upped the intensity. Very fun.

Honestly, how do the glades at JF compare to Blue? I don't think I can ski at CB after this because there aren't any glades there.

Blues glades range from wide open to some of the most intense tree shots east of the Lehigh river and west of the Delaware. I sometimes wish I was on 170s for the tight trees as I sometimes get stuck on my 193s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Way to get after it.  Is this the first time you skied 4 days in a row??  Skiing consecutive days is how you get good. 

I don't think so. I did 3 consecutive days at Killington last year, and this year I'll do 3 days at Stowe and maybe 2 days at Killington after.

Nope. He was skiing with his fiancée. I was the third wheel, but I didn't mind at all because it's nice to ski with someone every now and then since I'm solo 95% of the time.

Don't worry after they're married for a year or two they might invite you over for a sleepover to spice up their love life..or at least operate the tripod

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

But are you still convinced that he's an expert level skier of yearly Vermont trip caliber in sheep's clothing?

No, I think he saw that my skiing ability is low to mid intermediate today. Which is currently fine with me as I'm getting down every slope in the Poconos just fine.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Frost has way more glades than Blue. Blue only has the two marked glades, but they are really okay with you skiing wherever the hell you want, so if it dumps you can go off in the trees in a lot of places. Camelback also seems cool with off piste skiing, but seems to have a lot less places to do it.

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

Frost has way more glades than Blue. Blue only has the two marked glades, but they are really okay with you skiing wherever the hell you want, so if it dumps you can go off in the trees in a lot of places. Camelback also seems cool with off piste skiing, but seems to have a lot less places to do it.

Thanks. The only place I've seen people ski glades at Camelback is at the top of Nile Mile. I'll have to look around next weekend because it sure as hell was fun and different.