Trivia Tuesday

enjoralas

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You'll never find a trivia night with as few teams as at Blue. Way to get after it!!!

Yeah, I don't think they'll ever do it again, with the low participation. I give them credit for not abandoning it in the middle of the season. They're giving away well over $100 a night with $90 in prizes and a lift ticket drawing, no way it's bringing in that much business. And add to it the fact that a large portion of that prize money is going to employees every week and not even new customers

14 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Two of their answers were blatantly wrong. Whatevs.

Who's the person running the trivia. I went to one a year or so ago and the guy running it was a moron. He would read the answer wrong or probably wrote it down wrong to begin with and then insist his answer was right and your correct answer was wrong.

1 hour ago, trackbiker said:

Who's the person running the trivia. I went to one a year or so ago and the guy running it was a moron. He would read the answer wrong or probably wrote it down wrong to begin with and then insist his answer was right and your correct answer was wrong.

One of their social media girls, I think. She's nice enough and all, I'm not sure if she's making the questions up or pulling them from somewhere. One of the question was "True or False: CDs first outsold vinyl and cassettes in 1988." False. They outsold vinyl in 88, but cassettes not until 92 or 93. They had true. That one cost us the difference between 2nd and 3rd.

The other one was Gizmo was a Mogwai. What are you not supposed to do to him after midnight?" They said correct answer was feed him or get him wet. Not sure if that one cost us.

Edited by enjoralas

One of the one's I remember from the moron was a multiple choice, "How high is Mt. Everest?" One of the choices was, B. 8, 848 miles. The others were even more ridiculous. He read the "m" to stand for miles. When I said, "None of the above" and told him he mistakenly took "m' for miles and not meters he insisted the answer was miles. I told him the earth is only about 8000 miles in diameter and is not shaped like a cone.

He had two other answers to other questions that anyone with a brain knew were wrong but insisted he was right.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

One of the one's I remember from the moron was a multiple choice, "How high is Mt. Everest?" One of the choices was, B. 8, 848 miles. The others were even more ridiculous. He read the "m" to stand for miles. When I said, "None of the above" and told him he mistakenly took "m' for miles and not meters he insisted the answer was miles. I told him the earth is only about 8000 miles in diameter and is not shaped like a cone.

He had two other answers to other questions that anyone with a brain knew were wrong but insisted he was right.

lolololololol

6 hours ago, trackbiker said:

Was that at the Allentown brew works..frank there who runs trivia is a darsh sack. My friend steph got the answer right about something in Sheffield England where she has friends and visits annually and he claimed it was wrong so we had to go on google and show the trivia darsh DJ that our team was in fact right. 

7 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, I don't think they'll ever do it again, with the low participation. I give them credit for not abandoning it in the middle of the season. They're giving away well over $100 a night with $90 in prizes and a lift ticket drawing, no way it's bringing in that much business. And add to it the fact that a large portion of that prize money is going to employees every week and not even new customers

Plus DJ probably gets about $150 and perhaps some free beers. 

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Plus DJ probably gets about $150 and perhaps some free beers. 

There is no DJ. There's a social media girl with a microphone and music on her iPhone. Who asked why I was going to Steamboat when i told her we wouldn't be there next week when she said "see you next week," and the said, oh, I don't ski so I don't know about all the spots. 

Edited by enjoralas

11 hours ago, enjoralas said:

There is no DJ. There's a social media girl with a microphone and music on her iPhone. Who asked why I was going to Steamboat when i told her we wouldn't be there next week when she said "see you next week," and the said, oh, I don't ski so I don't know about all the spots. 

I'm gonna tell Barb that I'll do blues social media next season for free 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

First place after round 1 with 7 out of 10 correct. Think we got 8 of 10 in  round 2 but missed a  couple of easy ones so probably lost the lead 

I was wrong, stretched our lead from one to two in round 2. Will be at least that after round 3 because there's no way I  missed any of those

Took it down in first place with a  total of 63 points,  closest competitors had 54 I think. Team we are usually fighting it out with blew the bonus question and finished last with 7. 

Two weeks left for anyone who wants to get some glory. Next week is 90's themed trivia.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1