PA Freestyle Day?

EdBacon

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just my opinion...the video posted by Ed bacon is like 4% as exciting as the big mountain freeski competitions where wrong moves have dire consequences. 

I don't think its about matching the difficulty or danger of something out west, obviously you can't recreate that. But its more about having fun and coming up with a way to challenge yourself with what you've got. 

Magic is one of my favorite spots in VT and it is challenging even if it doesn't look it. Dealing with rocks and stumps and ice on a pretty steep pitch is difficult, and being confident enough to make it look easy takes skill. 

37 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

I don't think its about matching the difficulty or danger of something out west, obviously you can't recreate that. But its more about having fun and coming up with a way to challenge yourself with what you've got. 

Magic is one of my favorite spots in VT and it is challenging even if it doesn't look it. Dealing with rocks and stumps and ice on a pretty steep pitch is difficult, and being confident enough to make it look easy takes skill. 

I spent four seasons in college as a season passholder at Stowe and one year both Stowe and Sugarbush and I'm well aware. One main reason I generally take vacations out west vs up north is that Vermont often has worse snow conditions than here in PA. 

27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I spent four seasons in college as a season passholder at Stowe and one year both Stowe and Sugarbush and I'm well aware. One main reason I generally take vacations out west vs up north is that Vermont often has worse snow conditions than here in PA. 

Sure the conditions are usually worse, but you gotta love the one you're with. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I actually like the video. I just think people who mainly ski the east coast have a whole different attitude. You have to work with what you have. Make whatever you have fun and challenging. 

It's why a lot of people in the east ski gates.  I just like skiing fast at Blue and the occasional powder day and the social aspect of it.  I guess moguls would be the most challenging part.  I used to ski out west one week per season and up north the equivalent of a week or so and now two weeks out west although thinking of a third trip this season as I need to spend more money on skiing. 

1 minute ago, GSSucks said:

Youre talking to a guy that is fat, single and lives in a hotel...... 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And two out of the three things are what I want.  You had to move to the middle of New Jersey for some beaver.  Living in s hotel is amazing. I'll live in a hotel the rest of my life 

Apc34v2.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And two out of the three things are what I want.  You had to move to the middle of New Jersey for some beaver.  Living in s hotel is amazing. I'll live in a hotel the rest of my life 

For some reason I find the living in a hotel thing intriguing. 

1 minute ago, zzslope said:

For some reason I find the living in a hotel thing intriguing. 

It's amazing..I have housekeeping, small kitchen, no bills, laundry room and vending machines down the hall...got to throw out all my furniture and store stuff I don't regularly use like golf clubs and childhood stuff at my office. 

It works well for minimilists who don't have much stuff...all my clothes I can fit in one suitcase. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It's amazing..I have housekeeping, small kitchen, no bills, laundry room and vending machines down the hall...got to throw out all my furniture and store stuff I don't regularly use like golf clubs and childhood stuff at my office. 

It works well for minimilists who don't have much stuff...all my clothes I can fit in one suitcase. 

Small kitchen as in oven, fridge, sink etc... I have a tendency toward minimalism so I think that is were my intrigue stems from. 

5 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Small kitchen as in oven, fridge, sink etc... I have a tendency toward minimalism so I think that is were my intrigue stems from. 

Full sized fridge, kitchen sink, drawers, two burner stove, full sized microwave, no oven. I've been there three months and haven't used the stove yet because I don't own a pot or pan but will buy one soon and make eggs and sloppy Joe's and tacos. 

Desk doubles as a kitchen table. 

The rate is variable..I paid $1100 for the current 28 day period including tax..I essentially have a ton of time to search online for the best price and lock it in. If I would have booked through the front desk would have been about $1300

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Full sized fridge, kitchen sink, drawers, two burner stove, full sized microwave, no oven. I've been there three months and haven't used the stove yet because I don't own a pot or pan but will buy one soon and make eggs and sloppy Joe's and tacos. 

Desk doubles as a kitchen table. 

The rate is variable..I paid $1100 for the current 28 day period including tax..I essentially have a ton of time to search online for the best price and lock it in. If I would have booked through the front desk would have been about $1300

That rate is comparable to an apartment but I guess you don't pay heat, so actually better than an apartment, and no one month (or more) up front . Can you pay several months in advance for lower rate?

3 minutes ago, zzslope said:

That rate is comparable to an apartment but I guess you don't pay heat, so actually better than an apartment, and no one month (or more) up front . Can you pay several months in advance for lower rate?

No only 28 nights at a time...my last apartment was $725 a month and my electric bill was about $40 and I had free heat and water so it's a little bit more money but I don't have any other bills as my car and cell phone and even my daily frozen lunches are paid for by the company. 

Its the first time I've had cable in about 5 years and I've had the TV on maybe 90 minutes in three months.  Free wifi as well but I have unlimited data so I don't bother with it. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich