PA Freestyle Day?

EdBacon

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No only 28 nights at a time...my last apartment was $725 a month and my electric bill was about $40 and I had free heat and water so it's a little bit more money but I don't have any other bills as my car and cell phone and even my daily frozen lunches are paid for by the company. 

Forgot about electric. $725 is cheap but I am comparing it to here in central bucks.

2 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Forgot about electric. $725 is cheap but I am comparing it to here in central bucks.

Well $725 is way below the market rate in this area it's just because my old apartment was from 1958 and had no amenities. The place I lived before that was $950 a month, no free heat, no free water...there was a washer and dryer in apartment, balcony I didn't use, tennis courts I didn't use and pool I didn't use.  I could buy a $300,000 house but I wouldn't want to spend a minute doing any work on it and would use about 1/8 of it. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well $725 is way below the market rate in this area it's just because my old apartment was from 1958 and had no amenities. The place I lived before that was $950 a month, no free heat, no free water...there was a washer and dryer in apartment, balcony I didn't use, tennis courts I didn't use and pool I didn't use.  I could buy a $300,000 house but I wouldn't want to spend a minute doing any work on it and would use about 1/8 of it. 

i still cant believe how low that rent was.  i know its allentown but still, you cant even get a 1 bedroom in Coatesville for under $1,000, and even with that you are living across the street from the projects.  as soon as you leave the philly suburbs, rent decreases tremendously.  berks county and lancaster county rents are way lower, 

Edited by theprogram4

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh, old place, cheap rent makes sense. $950 is more along the line of what I see here. I am seeing a point in the future when taking care of my property is going to be a problem. Just leaf cleanup alone takes a full day with a 5 horsepower push blower and 2 handheld blowers and I had to do that at least 10 or 12 times this year. I know people that love the retirement communities they are in but my wife is not on board with that.

9 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i still cant believe how low that rent was.  i know its allentown but still, you cant even get a 1 bedroom in Coatesville for under $1,000, and even with that you are living across the street from the projects.  as soon as you leave the philly suburbs, rent decreases tremendously.  berks county and lancaster county rents are way lower, 

You have to go pretty far away from philly before the cost becomes reasonable. 

26 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Yeah but isn't Coatesville in the Philly metro area.  Why do you think the new apartments in downtown Allentown are a hard sell at $1100-$1600 per month..go one block north and you're in the ghetto. Where I currently live in upper Macungie township is very affluent and there's still an old apartment complex near the turnpike entrance that is $850 a month..new construction apartments in the suburbs are just about all $1,000+

16 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Oh, old place, cheap rent makes sense. $950 is more along the line of what I see here. I am seeing a point in the future when taking care of my property is going to be a problem. Just leaf cleanup alone takes a full day with a 5 horsepower push blower and 2 handheld blowers and I had to do that at least 10 or 12 times this year. I know people that love the retirement communities they are in but my wife is not on board with that.

You have to go pretty far away from philly before the cost becomes reasonable. 

Yeah like Quakertown...whenever people on the one Allentown group talk about moving to Allentown I always say move to quakertown you'll love it there.  It's because we already have enough people in the A. 

My parents love living in a townhouse community outside of Washington DC..they pay a monthly HOA fee which covers grass cutting and snow shoveling and plowing.  They had trouble selling their Allentown house so currently have renters in a 3 year lease. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, zzslope said:

Quakertown is moving up in cost as well, because a lot of people took your advise. 

Quakertown has it all!!!  I even took a mini vacation to the Montgomeryville area this last summer when I went to a wedding down there.  Such a wealthy area..all you see is beemers and benzes. 

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah like Quakertown...whenever people on the one Allentown group talk about moving to Allentown I always say move to quakertown you'll love it there.  It's because we already have enough people in the A. 

My parents love living in a townhouse community outside of Washington DC..they pay a monthly HOA fee which covers grass cutting and snow shoveling and plowing.  They had trouble selling their Allentown house so currently have renters in a 3 year lease. 

Why DC instead of say delaware? Job?

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Quakertown has it all!!!  I even took a mini vacation to the Montgomeryville area this last summer when I went to a wedding down there.  Such a wealthy area..all you see is beemers and benzes. 

I look out of place in my own hometown. In doylestown add maserati to that list.

Just now, zzslope said:

Why DC instead of say delaware? Job?

My sister bro in law and niece and nephew live in Arlington and my sister told my mom they should move there so they bought a place.  They've been there for 3 years so far.  My dad comes up about once a month to micromanage and the rest of the time I'm the boss.  Arlington is another place that is silly expensive but home prices keep rising. I know my parents townhouse has gone up a solid $100,000 in price since they bought it in 2014 based on comps. 

Just now, zzslope said:

I look out of place in my own hometown. In doylestown add maserati to that list.

I feel like doylestown is filled with rich liberals.  I haven't been there in years.  That's where Melissa from PASR is from and the high school I think council rock sends like 98% of their graduates to college. 

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My parents love living in a townhouse community outside of Washington DC..they pay a monthly HOA fee which covers grass cutting and snow shoveling and plowing.  They had trouble selling their Allentown house so currently have renters in a 3 year 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I feel like doylestown is filled with rich liberals.  I haven't been there in years.  That's where Melissa from PASR is from and the high school I think council rock sends like 98% of their graduates to college. 

Council rock is newtown a little south but just as expensive.

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5439918

no offense, but that might be the saddest vacation ive ever heard of lol

I had lunch at a lovely diner on the way down in quakertown...stayed at a lovely Hampton inn..drove to wedding a mile away..got wasted and sweaty..walked back to hotel..slept late had free breakfast and stopped at WaWa on the way home.  Was a nice get away.  Next time I'm gonna eat at Pumpernicks deli. Enjorales recommended it. 

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

Just wanted to tell you that you are killing it with the gifs today! I'm cracking up in my office!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just going to post the same thing, not even joking. That "in" gif with the dude getting in the car was the funniest thing I've seen all year.

• Like 1