Itching to buy it. Tell me not to!

eaf

27 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

Back to the RTM's again, really? 

Huh? Was referring more to the difference in demo tune quality between CBK and Blue.   

Sorry for talking about skis on a ski forum though; must remember to mock Salty instead. Wait, didn't you guys just spend a TON of time talking him into RTMs? :dunno

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Huh? Was referring more to the difference in demo tune quality between CBK and Blue.   

Sorry for talking about skis on a ski forum though; must remember to mock Salty instead. Wait, didn't you guys just spend a TON of time talking him into RTMs? :dunno

Hey, at least this forum has some good 170 jokes in store for the next few days. I'm happy that my forgetting to check the length prior to swiping my credit card due to overwhelming excitement for new RTMs has brought joy to so many.

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Hey, at least this forum has some good 170 jokes in store for the next few days. I'm happy that my forgetting to check the length prior to swiping my credit card due to overwhelming excitement for new RTMs has brought joy to so many.

You can always take them to the Loft and get them stretched out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

these just popped up on sale. now you can have two pairs.

RTM 177 width

Edited by Shadows
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Hey, at least this forum has some good 170 jokes in store for the next few days

You're relatively new to skiing, right? 170 will be fine.

I have RTM 84s in 172. The 177s were a bit unwieldy for me and I am 5'8" and ... let's say "non-petite." 

3 hours ago, guitar73 said:

fwiw....I have volkl rtm-81 in 171 cm, fully rockered. kick-ass ski. 

I made approximately 155 runs on my short short 170's and havent even fallen one time. They are truly great skis. Wow you're on 171's? According to this forum you must be 5 foot 5.

2 hours ago, SallyCat said:

You're relatively new to skiing, right? 170 will be fine.

I have RTM 84s in 172. The 177s were a bit unwieldy for me and I am 5'8" and ... let's say "non-petite." 

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been taking a beating on here since my unfortunate purchase, but the negativity is just not translating to my time spent on the slopes. I've had the best 4 days of skiing ever on my new RTMs.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been taking a beating on here since my unfortunate purchase, but the negativity is just not translating to my time spent on the slopes. I've had the best 4 days of skiing ever on my new RTMs.

the rtm-84 is a pretty beefy ski...not for beginners.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Steeze objectively rates me "low level intermediate" so I'm not sure what impact that has.

I dunno....since I haven't skied with you. best to take a lesson and see what the instructor has to say about your skill level and your gear set-up.

Edited by guitar73
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, guitar73 said:

I dunno. take a lesson and see what the instructor has to say about your skill level and your gear set-up.

It would definitely help, but honestly I can proficiently ski any hill in the Poconos and that's where I spend 95% of my time so at what point does it really matter anymore what my purported skill level is?