Itching to buy it. Tell me not to!

eaf

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It would definitely help, but honestly I can proficiently ski any hill in the Poconos and that's where I spend 95% of my time so at what point does it really matter anymore what my purported skill level is?

only you can answer that question for certain for yourself. however, learning "proper" skiing technique and strategy is always a good thing, IMHO.

Just now, guitar73 said:

only you can answer that question for certain for yourself. however, learning "proper" skiing technique and strategy is always a good thing, IMHO.

Yeah it's fun to see improvement regardless. Since one day in the distant future I may head west, a lesson would definitely help.

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It would definitely help, but honestly I can proficiently ski any hill in the Poconos and that's where I spend 95% of my time so at what point does it really matter anymore what my purported skill level is?

Because 95% of the skiing in the world is not in the Poconos.  

Also, you can't proficiently ski any bump run in PA.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been taking a beating on here since my unfortunate purchase, but the negativity is just not translating to my time spent on the slopes. I've had the best 4 days of skiing ever on my new RTMs.

It's a bunch of jealous haters..most people on here ski cheapo Line skis 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Because 95% of the skiing in the world is not in the Poconos.  

Also, you can't proficiently ski any bump run in PA.

True. But If I become a "terminal low intermediate" as Steeze calls it, I'll still be happy because I can ski slopes where complete n00bs dont dare to venture, and that way I can enjoy skiing without playing frogger (dodging the hoards of people).

I Would like to learn bumps but I havent had much of a chance to try them yet this year. Soon....

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

True. But If I become a "terminal low intermediate" as Steeze calls it, I'll still be happy because I can ski slopes where complete n00bs dont dare to venture, and that way I can enjoy skiing without playing frogger (dodging the hoards of people).

I Would like to learn bumps but I havent had much of a chance to try them yet this year. Soon....

Complete noobs ski every run in the poconos except maybe the elevator and white lightning. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

there's nothing wrong with being a "terminal low intermediate" skier....especially if you are having fun and if that is all you aspire to achieve in your skiing. that said, learning more advanced skiing skillz will open up more opportunity to have fun on the mtn. just buying a new ski won't do that for anyone.

btw, mogul skiing exposes bad habits and lousy technique....another great way to learn (or get all banged up, lol!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, eaf said:

Oh shoot. I forgot how I was only recently telling someone about it.

What, 84-88 is narrow in your understanding? Really??

The ski I am on most at blue is 78 underfoot. My slush/crud/fresh snow ski is 88 underfoot. Very happy with those choices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I read more about these XTis in many places. They're universally regarded as very stiff. Don't want them anymore. Plus they're a blah compared to MXs.

I think I'll go skiing Blue tonight, given that tomorrow is gonna be windy, snowy and icy everywhere. I'll ponder about FX85 while I'm on the mountain.

I don't understand the attitude toward the RTMs. They're considered high end skis everywhere else.

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Yeah, I read more about these XTis in many places. They're universally regarded as very stiff. Don't want them anymore. Plus they're a blah compared to MXs.

I think I'll go skiing Blue tonight, given that tomorrow is gonna be windy, snowy and icy everywhere. I'll ponder about FX85 while I'm on the mountain.

I don't understand the attitude toward the RTMs. They're considered high end skis everywhere else.

Have fun at Blue...isn't snowy good??  And isn't icy good for people who carve on slalom skis???   Are you retired?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, eaf said:

RTMs are intermediate skis.

I think I'll be there tonight...how does one spot an eaf?

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

???? Isn't it only supposed to snow an inch lol.  Anyway it does look super windy tomorrow..hopefully it dies down a bit by the night session.  I'd go today after work but wanna rest up for karaoke. 

Not where I live. 6"-8", they say. Plus blizzard.

35 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

RTMs are intermediate skis.

I think I'll be there tonight...how does one spot an eaf?

Dark green jacket with some light green stripes, black pants and helmet. I'll mostly be on red short Atomics, but may briefly run on some dark blue women's Elans