TR Etc.

rummy

The last few days at Elk have been fabulous. Great packed powder with an inch or three a couple of mornings. Super cold, high today on mtn 14°. We've been waiting until noon to head over, just to see a warm up to 6° or more.

Holiday week was pretty busy, the mtn made $$.

No lift lines to speak of anytime, today was the busiest day in a while (college wild Wednesday started) $25 lift tickets.

Wind has ranged from 0-5-25 mph depending on day.

10 trails from top of mtn are open. 5 more trails plus Lehigh the natural snow only trail until 100% open.

They haven't blown snow for the last three days and are required to shut down snowmaking by the Susquehanna something-or-other watershed commission (?) because the county is in a "drought".....

Real nice at Elk right now.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Nice ot hear the skiing is good.

I'm guessing that would be the SRBC, Susquehanna River Basin Commission.  I heard they are still having a spat with the community that owns part of the bigger lake /pond they use as a water supply, maybe that is part of not having enough water?

• Like 1

Nice ot hear the skiing is good.
I'm guessing that would be the SRBC, Susquehanna River Basin Commission.  I heard they are still having a spat with the community that owns part of the bigger lake /pond they use as a water supply, maybe that is part of not having enough water?
Elk now has to measure all water taken from their pond. Because of the drought conditions, the SRBC sets a limit and when it's reached Elk must stop.
However, Elk was blowing all last night and today on Kickapoo so the ban must have been lifted.
The water dispute has been legally adjudicated and Elk has to pay the Village for a portion of the snowmaking water.
There are other issues which will never be settled between the Village and Elks' owner IMO.

Elk now has to measure all water taken from their pond. Because of the drought conditions, the SRBC sets a limit and when it's reached Elk must stop.
However, Elk was blowing all last night and today on Kickapoo so the ban must have been lifted.
The water dispute has been legally adjudicated and Elk has to pay the Village for a portion of the snowmaking water.
There are other issues which will never be settled between the Village and Elks' owner IMO.

It's been snowing all day in the Deep South Vermont.....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...