How's the storm? Closing at 4?

tnt

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The six pack is running. It just about never shuts down. Didn't it run during the blizzard two years ago.  These are strong winds but nothing historic. 

i think it ran, but they didnt load anybody on it.  i remember being told the wind overnight had knocked the chairs around enough were they were out of alignment or something.  I'm heading up north soon, but i dont think im gonna brave it tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i remember being told the wind overnight had knocked the chairs around enough were they were out of alignment or something. 

I recall hearing the same thing. 

On the big storm the other year, they had them on hold, so I drove back up to the summit in ski boots.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I drove all the way back to Allentown in ski boots the day the ski patrol chased me and Root out of blue in 2009

Geez, I just drove around the corner and took my ski boots off.  It was super warm that day, I think I drove home in flip-flops.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

southbound 476 shut down  yesterday afternoon and we had to take 309 back.  it was fucking awful and took an extra hour to get home.  id rather take 100 south to pottstown and take 422 to conshy.  seems out of the way, but 309 is terrible

Wow. I took Turnpike up yesterday morning because 309/ 78 was already backed up. Turnpike is definitely longer for me. Took 78/309 home. Glad I did. 

23 minutes ago, tnt said:

You guys getting ice with this storm?  

Snow is good at Blue tonight. Sidewinder and Lazy are the best. Scrapey in places, yeah, but the snow improved things. I hear it was freezing rain for a bit this afternoon; was snowing when I got hete at 2

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
I got off at 22 and went up 145. Not sure of the way from Mahoning Valley, and wasn't sure how back roads would be. Where 309 and 78 merge together right above Center Valley is a total mess with the slightest bit of snow. 

Easiest way is to take a right off 209 near the haunted house, just before Service Team on Forest Inn road, follow it all the way down to Aquashicola just before Palmerton. Then left on Little Gap road. Not the shortest way though.