BC 1/4

Mixilplix

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

Little breezy ....few people there... a power outage...and a Long Trail draft

Just got back also. It was a decent night. I was just about to go down Sasquatch for the first time when the lights went out.

From F Lift I kept seeing a pretty good skier doing nice turns on the far right side of Extreme. Was that you by any chance?

13 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Wow be careful man Sasquatch is a really hard trail. Ask ski patrol about conditions next time before you "drop in" as the pros say it. 

Thanks. I was wondering why it's not marked a double black since it's the hardest trail there. I'll be careful.

18 hours ago, EdBacon said:

Wow be careful man Sasquatch is a really hard trail. Ask ski patrol about conditions next time before you "drop in" as the pros say it. 

I hard you need to sign in with the ski patrol before skiing Sasquatch like the Big Couloir at Big Sky!!  When you drop in always call your drop after a countdown from 5...also do a few pole wacks. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hard you need to sign in with the ski patrol before skiing Sasquatch like the Big Couloir at Big Sky!!  When you drop in always call your drop after a countdown from 5...also do a few pole wacks. 

You gotta whack your pole hard before you drop into The Squatch. 

If you wanna get really gnarly yell "Watch me rip this line!" so everyone knows you're about to get rad.

Edited by EdBacon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

You gotta whack your pole hard before you drop into The Squatch. 

If you wanna get really gnarly yell "Watch me rip this line!" so everyone knows you're about to get rad.

I'm not gnarly enough for bear creek...I can see the lights from my parking spot but haven't been there since 1995 when it was Doe mountain 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty did you end up getting a gift card or eating anything at Bear Creek??

Nope. I stopped at McDonald's on the way home since I didn't have a lot of time to ski last night, since they closed at 9.

I stayed the whole time despite a short power outage. You guys should be so proud.

Edited by saltyant

44 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

isnt the backside of bear creek filled with weird shit like dreamcatchers in the trees, indian burial sites, and caves?

Yeah its basically like the Blair Witch Project out there. Many people have gone missing. Always make sure you practice appropriate backcountry safety procedure when you're in the Bear Creek sidecountry: go with a local who knows the terrain, carry a shovel/beacon/probe and make sure you've got food and water. 

Edited by EdBacon

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

isnt the backside of bear creek filled with weird shit like dreamcatchers in the trees, indian burial sites, and caves?

Yup they actually filmed some parts of the movie the Goonies on the back side of Bear Creek(was Doe mountain at the time) and in the Olde city neighborhood of Philadelphia as well great movie. That was back before Michael Jackson molested Corey Feldman.