Help with Binding Mount Question?

SallyCat

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I can start looking for a new road bike

You spelled "mountain" wrong. 

Buying a bike is fun for perspective. On your way to sell your plasma and harvest a kidney, you'll think "remember when I thought $600 skis were unreasonably expensive? That was adorable." 

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 3

Buying a bike is fun for perspective. On your way to sell your plasma and harvest a kidney, you'll think "remember when I thought $600 skis were unreasonably expensive? That was adorable." 

He’s allowed to road bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Wow I don't remember typing that.  Anyway if I'm broke when I'm old I can always get a job at Target if they're still around. 

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

He’s allowed to road bike.

Not on my watch. 

I love that there are like 8 people total on this entire forum, and in just four hours I received nearly 80 replies to a query about an obscure binding problem. 

Unrelated, but I can't figure out why I'm so behind on my grading...

3 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Not on my watch. 

I love that there are like 8 people total on this entire forum, and in just four hours I received nearly 80 replies to a query about an obscure binding problem. 

Unrelated, but I can't figure out why I'm so behind on my grading...

How does a teacher get so much time to post online or was today a snow day??  I sell tombstones for a living and business is so dead only sold $12,000 worth this week..that barely pays the bills. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How does a teacher get so much time to post online or was today a snow day??  I sell tombstones for a living and business is so dead only sold $12,000 worth this week..that barely pays the bills. 

Interesting business. I think investing in one is like buying GO bonds. Backed by the taxing power people of the state. How much per tombstone?

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

Interesting business. I think investing in one is like buying GO bonds. Backed by the taxing power people of the state. How much per tombstone?

Our average single is about $2500 average double is about $4,000.  The range is about $950 for a flat marker to $140,000 for a 8 person walk in mausoleum I sold down in the east Greenville area.  Plus we do in cemetery inscription as well as a bunch of community and church projects.  

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Not to get too off topic again, but I've been planning on buying a carbon frame bike for a few months now. The local bike shop talked me into getting a carbon frame bike since I've been riding aluminum all my life. Oh well, there goes another couple grand.

I wasn't planning on buying skis this year actually, but you all and the ski shop talked me into it.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I wasn't planning on buying skis this year actually, but you all and the ski shop talked me into it.

You have same boot size as me. How about buying that Renoun instead of a bike that you'll still not be able to size properly?

21 minutes ago, zzslope said:

how much of the 140,000 was setup cost? that must be a lot of work to place one of them.

The company we bought the mausoleum from did the set up...and installation. I'm thinking 1/5 of the cost including the foundation.  More commonly we do 2-4 person crypts.  The one we did most recently in Easton was a four person above ground crypt much different than a walk in mausoleum.  Two people on each side. That job was a piece of cake..we rented a flatbed truck and hired a driver for a half day along with a crane truck and an operator for four hours which met the delivery truck with the prefabricated four person crypt/mini mauseleum..craned the crypt to the flatbed truck..uncrated it and installed it.  Then added granite benches later.  

30 minutes ago, Shadows said:

hard non porous surface. you know i do stone restoration too. countertops mostly. jewelers grade abrasives and polish. in case you mess up a stone.

I'm not big on restorations...if an old memorial stone is damaged I typically recommend buying a new memorial stone. Most of the old ones are marble which is soft and doesn't hold up to the elements like granite. I was at the Teddy Rooselvelt monument two weeks ago in DC and that was the most impressive granite work I have ever seen.  I also watched a special on repairing the Ben Franklin memorial stone which was a really hard job requiring epoxy and bazooka bubblegum. His ledger is white marble and people throw pennies at it and it has become pitted. 

IMG_2191.PNG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shadows said:

So... what do you guys actually do then?

Train funeral directors to sell our memorial stones, assist families and funeral homes in designing memorial stones, provide proofs using monucad software, order granite from suppliers, order foundations from cemeteries, have memorial stones shipped to sandblast facility arrange shipping of completed memorial stones to us..deliver memorial stones to the cemetery and a whole lot of billing and accounting and mailers and collection calls. 

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Not to get too off topic again, but I've been planning on buying a carbon frame bike for a few months now. The local bike shop talked me into getting a carbon frame bike since I've been riding aluminum all my life. Oh well, there goes another couple grand.

Are you happy you bought the legendary RTMs??  

20 minutes ago, eaf said:

You have same boot size as me. How about buying that Renoun instead of a bike that you'll still not be able to size properly?

Oh no. Im done trying to do a bike fit myself. I'm paying the money for a proper bike fitting this time. While I enjoy cycling and sking equally, I spend a lot more of the year cycling so I'd rather spend more money on that hobby. Plus getting the fastest time on Strava segments is pretty much the funnest thing ever.

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you happy you bought the legendary RTMs??  

Absolutely. You guys almost have talked me into getting a lesson now. I made it as far as checking Camelbacks website but they only offer lessons for beginners. Maybe I'll get a lesson at Stowe since they probably have world class ski instructors.

Edited by saltyant

3 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Cool, I didn't know that. I know some people who really like their Renouns. 

I ski on Atomic Vantage 90 ctis right now and I'm very happy with them--light and playful. The Volkls mean business. They are burlier, faster, and grippier. Having the two together I think will be a great combo.

i was looking at the 85 cti to mount tele, fun ski? a good deal at $239

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Absolutely. You guys almost have talked me into getting a lesson now. I made it as far as checking Camelbacks website but they only offer lessons for beginners. Maybe I'll get a lesson at Stowe since they probably have world class ski instructors.

Wasn't someone here going to apply as a ski instructor at Blue recently? Book him for a full weekend, and you'll ski GS like Bode Miller!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

Wasn't someone here going to apply as a ski instructor at Blue recently? Book him for a full weekend, and you'll ski GS like Bode Miller!

That was me; you don't want to book me, I suck. Was only going to teach five-year-olds.