Why skiers (sliders) are better than everyone else...

indiggio

3 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I was banned from PugSki for making a joke about snowboarders not being good at chairlift chat. 

I was pretty impressed last night when I got on the 6 with two high school females (keep your minds out of the gutter please!)

They actually initiated a conversation with an aging old man, uh, wait.  Hmm...  
I'm not a grandfather yet..  Where was I going with this?   Oh, and they kept the conversation going the entire lift ride!

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

I will initiate a conversation if it's just me and another person and gauge the interest in continuing the conversation from there.
If they're not into it, so be it.  Otherwise it makes the ride up go a bit faster.

Same; I say hello, and if they feel like talking then I'll happily chat,  and if not I keep to myself. I've had some really nice talks with younger people, including one lovely young boy who was deaf, but typed messages to me on his phone, so we went back and forth that way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Same; I say hello, and if they feel like talking then I'll happily chat,  and if not I keep to myself. I've had some really nice talks with younger people, including one lovely young boy who was deaf, but typed messages to me on his phone, so we went back and forth that way. 

Wow I'm too nervous about dropping my phone off the lift.  

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow I'm too nervous about dropping my phone off the lift. 

Just get a $50 phone instead and ration your data so if you lose It no big deal. Then you can track your vertical, run count and speed just like me and post more details on the ski leaderboard.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just get a $50 phone instead and ration your data so if you lose It no big deal. Then you can track your vertical, run count and speed just like me and post more details on the ski leaderboard.

It's still a big deal if you lose it..you have to go to the store and get a new phone..I'm on my phone more than most when I'm skiing I'd prefer to be off it unless I take pictures. In this day and age unlimited data is pretty standard.  I've always had unlimited data since 2009..also speed from ski apps is not accurate..

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow.  Snowboarders are usually shorter as their growth is stunted from starting to smoke cigarettes in 7th grade.  

Trish over at Pug is NOT charmed by my sense of humor and has attacked me on the women-only forum as well.  All fair enough, I reckon. If you're going to joke around a lot, there will occasionally be stuff that doesn't land well and you have to accept Responsibility for that. I do think she assumed malice where it  wasn't at all evident, though, and resorted to a public shaming rather than beginning with a private conversation. It's for that that I won't forgive her.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:
13 hours ago, saltyant said:

Stop trying to justify your jitterbug Salty

IMG_2243.JPG

IMG_2244.JPG

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Trish over at Pug is NOT charmed by my sense of humor and has attacked me on the women-only forum as well.  All fair enough, I reckon. If you're going to joke around a lot, there will occasionally be stuff that doesn't land well and you have to accept Responsibility for that. I do think she assumed malice where it  wasn't at all evident, though, and resorted to a public shaming rather than beginning with a private conversation. It's for that that I won't forgive her.

I've actually only met and skied with Philpug once back when he lived in the Philly suburbs. Philpug was a skisnob and only skied in Vermont or out west and he occasionally would post on PASR. In conversation we discussed Pre skis and I said they were made in Park City Utah and Phil said I was wrong and I said if im right he had to ski a day at Blue mountain and he lost.   Phil had a blast at Blue skiing the bumps and spring conditions.  I was in Tahoe several years back and tried to meet up with Philpug but he blew me off.  

Tricia is midwestern she probably doesn't get sarcasm. 

• Like 2