Trip Report - 1/6/2018

saltyant

7 hours ago, SallyCat said:

I'm actually a moderator on the other site and I love it. Have met countless outstanding women who are amazing skiers as a result of being involved  in the forum.  The threads are incredibly informative and supportive. Hands down one of the best outdoor-sport forums I've ever read.  

Bring them over here and to Blue!

We'll see just how sturdy they are.

• Haha 1

Wew this is going to be so rad. I'm at the Stevenson lift in the parking lot and the lift is on hold until 1. That means I'm in perfect position to get all that freshly groomed cord on Nile Mile, Pharaoh (a black diamond) and Cliff Hanger (a double black). Pretty stoked. I might hit the Pocono Raceway lift since that's operational and do some pregaming. 

41 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wew this is going to be so rad. I'm at the Stevenson lift in the parking lot and the lift is on hold until 1. That means I'm in perfect position to get all that freshly groomed cord on Nile Mile, Pharaoh (a black diamond) and Cliff Hanger (a double black). Pretty stoked. I might hit the Pocono Raceway lift since that's operational and do some pregaming. 

This is gonna be great.   Please keep us updated!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This is gonna be great.   Please keep us updated!!

Pocono raceway and rhod Glen suck. Pocono is just all ice and rhod Glen is half open because of more race team practice, so I had to dodge Lots of gapers. Just waiting in the hotel until they open the Stevenson side, hopefully within 20 minutes. Got to see a real life groomer up close. Getting a fresh afternoon groom will be nice!!

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue was super empty today. 

Well, the morning didn't go without some pretty gloomy predictions. You're already too late! Busses are coming!!

I'm bored. I didn't think of skiing until Monday, but I think I'll give it a chance tomorrow. Buses, here I come!

2 hours ago, eaf said:

Salty, wth? You're at CB and instead of skiing what you can ski, you wait in the hotel waiting for Stevenson to open?? What happened to all other lifts including the second express?

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why was it closed?  Just enjoy the Sullivan side.  What did you do at the hotel??

I'll explain in a detailed Trip Report later on tonight. All I have to say right now is that it's complicated and there's not a simple explanation.

Steeze, you better prepare to vape up because you're going to need to for this incoming Trip Report!

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I'll explain in a detailed Trip Report later on tonight. All I have to say right now is that it's complicated and there's not a simple explanation.

Steeze, you better prepare to vape up because you're going to need to for this incoming Trip Report!

The complications had better be real, not just you falling through the pile of powder into a rabbit's hole and ending up heliskiing in Japan.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Woo hoo I'll be sure to VU before I read what will surely be an epic report. 

• Like 1