Trip Report - 1/6/2018

saltyant

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Haha, it's so funny reading real TRs from Camelback. I guess in a decade or so I'll be extremely anti-CB as well.

If you had a season pass at Blue would you still buy tickets at Camelback...some say it's all about the base..I say it's all about the vert..Camelbacks runs mellow out so fast..while Blue has homestretch it still has a consistent pitch for 8-900 vert

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Back in the Ray Tuthill days(pre 2008) Blue used to offer twice daily grooming, didn't close in inclement weather, had a 730am weekend opening and prided themselves for opening early and staying open late. Then for a few years Camelback would sometimes open earlier and stay open later and now Blue mountain the true mountain has taken back the honor of having the longest season in the Poke N Hoes. 

Ray would also wait until all the other mountains announced their lift ticket prices and then he'd announce Little Gap's, undercutting all the others by a dollar or more.

9 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Does anyone remember Camelback offered free admission after the mountain you had a pass to closed? About 8 years ago? Took full advantage. 

Yup that was the Alien pass...Blue has offered similar deals late and early season before as well...it's good marketing. 

10 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Does anyone remember Camelback offered free admission after the mountain you had a pass to closed? About 8 years ago? Took full advantage. 

You were there at the top of the Sullivan quad when I was freestyle rapping. That was in 2010..Nastar Glenn, Atomic Jeff, Sebastian and some other PASRs were there maybe mbike. Mike. A year after the earlier group shot which was in 2009

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You were there at the top of the Sullivan quad when I was freestyle rapping. That was in 2010..Nastar Glenn, Atomic Jeff, Sebastian and some other PASRs were there maybe mbike. Mike. A year after the earlier group shot which was in 2009

Come freestyle wrap again this season at the top of Sullivan.

12 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Or he's mad that I'm ruining his record of chasing women away from the forum! 

12 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Not just women.

I'm also seeing a women's forum on the side. When the trash talk here gets rough and discussions of eating meat and pooping threaten to send me to the fainting couch, I go there for nurturing and uplifting commentary delivered with multi-layered emotional intelligence and tact.  

Nah, just kidding, we mostly talk about boys, shoes, and how hard math is. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Really expected a better response from this comment.

That was outstanding wordplay. Pearls to swine.

I had a solid visual pun on Blue's FB page recently when the Ski Patrol posted a graphic on what to carry in frigid weather. It got one like. #robbed

5a5574aea5abc_HookBlue.png.f353d3c5409e6477289f247cb7cf268c.png

Edited by SallyCat

That was outstanding wordplay. Pearls to swine.
I had a solid visual pun on Blue's FB page recently when the Ski Patrol posted a graphic on what to carry in frigid weather. It got one like. #robbed
5a5574aea5abc_HookBlue.png.f353d3c5409e6477289f247cb7cf268c.png

FYI- still possible to stalk your name even with the blackout. But I agree, deserves more than one like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

FYI- still possible to stalk your name even with the blackout. But I agree, deserves more than one like.

I figure if you make the effort to track me down then you've earned the information. If anyone wants to stalk an aging cat lady with basically two lifetime accomplishments, then rock on.  (1. an impressive and quite accurate jump shot and  2. A high level of skill at parallel parking). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

I'm also seeing a women's forum on the side. When the trash talk here gets rough and discussions of eating meat and pooping threaten to send me to the fainting couch, I go there for nurturing and uplifting commentary delivered with multi-layered emotional intelligence and tact.  

Nah, just kidding, we mostly talk about boys, shoes, and how hard math is. 

You're being unfair to the other forum. I found some of the best discussions there on clothing and gear in extreme VT/Canadian weather. Where else can you find not only the list of articles to wear, but also nice photos of them. ;)

Edited by eaf

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

ou're being unfair to the other forum. I found some of the best discussions there on clothing and gear in extreme VT/Canadian weather.

Just kidding!  I went for the cheap gender-stereotype joke there. 

I'm actually a moderator on the other site and I love it. Have met countless outstanding women who are amazing skiers as a result of being involved  in the forum.  The threads are incredibly informative and supportive. Hands down one of the best outdoor-sport forums I've ever read.