1/7/18...starting to get warm..carpet and chalk..

Hey All,

im back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower low at 7:24am and it was around -3 degrees.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JF Dan, Johnny Law, NMSki, T Maki, -Dan, Toast, Justo, Ryan, TP4, Indiggio, Enjorales and dad and many others. 

The six pack began a few hours late because they were still grooming. Apparently after the mountain closed down at 4pm they cranked out the guns to the max operation blizzard 3.0 type shiznit.  First run I skied Challenge while most went to Razors and it was a carpet.  I did challenge two more times enjoying the soft packed powder then hit up nightmare to dreamweaver which was chalky goodness.

Switchback was alright but a few icy patches and lazy mile was variable some mini cookies. Sidewinder didn't look good so I avoided it but revisited challenge and revisited nightmare to dreamweaver several more times. No real liftlines all morning...Did the on bended knee T bow thing to get out of my boots and had a good variety of beer including some Bonn beer Toast brought. Was quite a stretch of cold and nice snow but looking forward to aome

20s to 40s temperatures. When I'm wearing lower body underarmor and a balaclava you know it's cold. 

Hypothermia??? Oh come on ! I'm practically burning up here at CB because I overdressed. Now last night I had to quit early because I got sick of the cold by 8 pm.

That's awesome that Blue blew some freshies Last night. That must have been sa weet. I'm not sure if CB blew snow last night or not but it's much better than it was last night.

We should have done NightWeaver. Kicking myself on that one. Limited runs today because Pops and I both had bad icing inside the goggles issues.After third run which was Lazy we had to go inside and use hand dryers to defrost and dry them, and they started icing up after three more runs so we called it quits. Had planned on a short day anyway to spend time with my kids before I leave tonight to fly to Florida in the morning.

Rotd for me was Switchback, although conditions of the day were on Widowmaker, since even though we got to it at like 940 it was covered in fresh cord with only a couple carves laid down. Pops said rotd was Lazy, I thought it was shit for the top 2/3 on skiers right, all boilerplate and cookies. He was skiers left and said it was sweet down that side, nice and loose powder on top for most of the run. I couldn't tell because I couldn't see shit out of my left eye at that point. Raised the goggs for safety before the hard right and finished the run with cold ass eyeballs.

Back on the snow next Sunday. Sausage Sunday.

• Like 1

Don't know what you all are talking about???
Run of the day was Barney's, since we broke them in Saturday, they blew on them so much they disappeared! Fortunately there were enough bumpers out to cut them in again, save the ice rink under one of the guns.
They also blew in the glades next to Barney's, and the snow was as smooth as a newborn baby's bottom! The outside of lower Barney's also had newly blown snow as well.
The ROTD was definitely lower Main guns & hoses. We were able to get behind the majority of the guns, albeit with some bush whacking, but that was half the fun!

• Like 1

Broke my 'No Blue Mountain' streak of probably about 18 months today.  Skied with my daughters.  Great day.  Not too crowded, not too cold....

I agree ROTD was Nightmare> Dream weaver.  Barneys was ok, but the middle section kind of sucked.  Death cookies on Sidewinder, challenge was picked over by the time we skied it - actually just the top was totally slick.  The rest was OK.  Skied everything else except paradise and widow maker.  real nice day.

Really like wha they did with the lower lodge - way more efficient and plenty of coolers!

Stuck my head out the front door around 11:30 and looked for you guys, but didn't wander far - girls wanted to get back out there.  

• Like 1

I was there for the first time this year. Decided last night I was going to Blue for the morning. Would have sent a message earlier if I knew I was going.

Great first 3 hrs! Hit 62.7mph on Challenge my first run on ski tracks app which is a record for me at Blue. I didn't feel my face for an hour after that run. 

Just when it warmed up the runs got pretty chalky and scraped.  Still fun, though. Stayed until 1:30 ish. The crowds definitely came, but it wasn't overwhelming.  

Certainly there are more pressing global issues for humanity to contend with in these dark times, but the social contract that governs the VIP/Season Passholder lane at the six-pack lift is badly in need of reform. It seems that many passholders bring through the gate with them a radical libertarian worldview, a sort of queue-based ego-anarchism that causes them to slide alongside some number of other VIPs, look the traffic-directing liftie in the eye, and say "ONE." 

It is indisputably in the interest of all VIPs that everyone form groups of six whenever possible, because this moves VIPs off the line and onto the lift the fastest. The political philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau would say that forming groups is consistent with the General Will, which is synonymous with the best interest of the community as a whole and the interest of each individual within that community. Rousseau goes on to say that an individual who acts in a manner contrary to the General Will must be compelled to abide by it. "this means nothing less" he asserts, "than that he will be forced to be free." Despite the ominous, Jacobin undertones of that statement, I feel that it is the duty of all VIPs to set a good example and form groups, so as to show the occasional ego-anarchist the benefits of belonging to a civil society. 

On another note. the quad chair line appears to  have been designed by a Marxist with a sense of humor. There is indeed a "VIP" gate, but once though, the Important Person finds him or herself on line in the general corral with everyone else. The result is a long stretch of time spent in the company of non-Important Persons, and one can't help but assume that the designer of this arrangement is playing a long game.  Over time, those on line will no doubt come to see themselves not as "VIPs" vs. "Day Pass Holders" but rather, in a collective assumption of class-consciousness, will identify solely as "Customers." When that day comes, the VIP line at the six-pack chair will become unsustainable, and perhaps even fall to the revolutionary zeal of the Customers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Just when it warmed up the runs got pretty chalky and scraped.  Still fun, though. Stayed until 1:30 ish. The crowds definitely came, but it wasn't overwhelming.  

Certainly there are more pressing global issues for humanity to contend with in these dark times, but the social contract that governs the VIP/Season Passholder lane at the six-pack lift is badly in need of reform. It seems that many passholders bring through the gate with them a radical libertarian worldview, a sort of queue-based ego-anarchism that causes them to slide alongside some number of other VIPs, look the traffic-directing liftie in the eye, and say "ONE." 

It is indisputably in the interest of all VIPs that everyone form groups of six whenever possible, because this moves VIPs off the line and onto the lift the fastest. The political philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau would say that forming groups is consistent with the General Will, which is synonymous with the best interest of the community as a whole and the interest of each individual within that community. Rousseau goes on to say that an individual who acts in a manner contrary to the General Will must be compelled to abide by it. "this means nothing less" he asserts, "than that he will be forced to be free." Despite the ominous, Jacobin undertones of that statement, I feel that it is the duty of all VIPs to set a good example and form groups, so as to show the occasional ego-anarchist the benefits of belonging to a civil society. 

On another note. the quad chair line appears to  have been designed by a Marxist with a sense of humor. There is indeed a "VIP" gate, but once though, the Important Person finds him or herself on line in the general corral with everyone else. The result is a long stretch of time spent in the company of non-Important Persons, and one can't help but assume that the designer of this arrangement is playing a long game.  Over time, those on line will no doubt come to see themselves not as "VIPs" vs. "Day Pass Holders" but rather, in a collective assumption of class-consciousness, will identify solely as "Customers." When that day comes, the VIP line at the six-pack chair will become unsustainable, and perhaps even fall to the revolutionary zeal of the Customers. 

This post wins the internet.

38 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Today was the tits mcgee.....I can almost fully crank on nm/dw.....beer game is off the charts were do we go from here lol

Might have to step up the Sausage Sunday game. Maybe for gaped day we'll do sous vide boneless ribeye. Gotta find a generator, or someone to sit in the lodge and babysit the cooker, lol

• Like 2