Trip Report - 1/7/2018

saltyant

1 hour ago, eaf said:

That sounds fun. He'll then have a legal right to chase you down the mountain. And if his GPS doesn't lie, he'll do it with ease.

Naw man, I couldn't catch those guys. They're too fast for me. That night on Upper Main Street they were already at the Main Street lift when I was just getting near Lower Main Street.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Naw man, I couldn't catch those guys. They're too fast for me. That night on Upper Main Street they were already at the Main Street lift when I was just getting near Lower Main Street.

Haha and that was early season when I wasn't even skiing that fast and I wasn't even in a tuck lol

• Sad 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Haha and that was early season when I wasn't even skiing that fast and I wasn't even in a tuck lol

Plus i stopped bombing runs and have been working on turning substantially more than last season. A dude told me that you can put a sack of potatoes on skis and it will make it down the hill, and that completely changed my outlook on life.

15 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Gotta start short in the bumps.

Once Camelback gets some bumps in late March then I'll become a bump skier. Until then all I can do is practice short radius turns on blue slopes, which I know isn't even close to the same thing but at least its a start.

Until then I will be checking snow reports to make sure black runs aren't completely bumped up, so Outer Limits is off limits for me this season.

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Be sure to document your bump skiing with your GoPro for the rest of us.

Ok will do. I tried bump skiing Barneys Bumps last year and ended up trying to power wedge them. Yeah, that didn't go well at all. Next weekend I am thinking of recording my skiing by attaching my GoPro to a ski pole and posting the video on here so you guys can criticize every little detail about it. I won't do it if no one is interested though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Once Camelback gets some bumps in late March then I'll become a bump skier. Until then all I can do is practice short radius turns on blue slopes, which I know isn't even close to the same thing but at least its a start.

Until then I will be checking snow reports to make sure black runs aren't completely bumped up, so Outer Limits is off limits for me this season.

You can practice bumps at Blue when you buy your season pass next month. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What does wew lad mean??

Here's the official definition: Wew Lad” is an obfuscatory expression associated with circle jerking or shitposting, which is often accompanied by a poorly-drawn illustration of a man's face known as the “Wrinkle Face” or a digitally altered picture of the Doge, another funny meme." Source: Quora.com