Platty 1.7.18

mbike-ski

I’ve been missing tele Sundays since I broke my binding just before Christmas so I decided to take a last minute trip up to Platty to join the nyskiblog.com Harvey Road birthday beer celebration. A lot of tele skiers in that group and platty rents tele skis.

With the chilly forecast I was in no rush to get there and pulled in a little after 9. I was a little concerned when I was about 15 minutes away and the car thermo was at -10* but it ended up being a calm comfy day with bright sunshine and single digits.

The first couple groomers I felt pretty confident on the setup but that quickly went to shit when we ventured over to the double. My skills and the rentals were no match for the pitch and 6+ inches of cream cheese chop from Thursday’s snow. Those guys rip so I ran back to the truck to swap skis to keep up. It felt great to be on some soft 3D snow!

Ski’d to about 12:30 then took a chili and Mother’s milk stout break and change back to the tele set up. Noodled around off the triple until the legs gave out around 3. Capped off the day with Catskill brewing devils path IPA, thanks Harv!

Pics to follow (tractor trailer took down our work internet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Platty is the best thing south of VT when there's a decent snowfall. Heck, I'd even take Platty on a pow day over a lot of VT mountains like KMart or Mt Snow. Love that place, great atmosphere and a lot of fun lines in the trees if  you know where to find them. 

• Like 2