The mountain Blue 1-8-18

RidgeRacer

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

More of the same on sidewinder. Place is a ghost town (probably because of the schools closing early). Their loss. Win for me cf714ba0875b5ed60f80cc0e9359338d.jpg

Reason I've been here since 2 is that school closed early. Win for me! Plus I get to ski all day next tuesday since the kids have exams and I don't have to proctor that day. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Reason I've been here since 2 is that school closed early. Win for me! Plus I get to ski all day next tuesday since the kids have exams and I don't have to proctor that day. 

Teachers have awesome schedules. Almost as good as someone who runs a tombstone company.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Except someone who runs a tombstone company they didnt do any groundwork for. 

His dad wasn't the company's founder, either.  But, what does it matter?  It's easier to run a business into the ground than keep it profitable and constantly growing.  There is no need to hate on family members who take over family businesses.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Except someone who runs a tombstone company they didnt do any groundwork for. 

Hmmm first year $10 an hour..I was slave boy..filed papers/pushed stokes..second year $11..I made less money than my first year out of college when I worked for Merrill lynch until I was in my early 30s. Oh and yeah there's some pressure not to run the business in the ground like most second generation Tommy Boy types do..good thing business is booming...I have to sell enough tombstones to pay for myself and three families plus health insurance and need to provide great customer service even to the most difficult customers...that's not easy as I'm a dickhead and occasional douchebag who's been known to run his mouth. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

His dad wasn't the company's founder, either.  But, what does it matter?  It's easier to run a business into the ground than keep it profitable and constantly growing.  There is no need to hate on family members who take over family businesses.

If I didn't take it over my office manager and delivery guy would need to find new jobs and their market value is about half of what I pay them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

@skitolive The freezing rain was everywhere (Poconos included). Was short lived then turned to snow. Had absolutely no negative impact on snow conditions if that's what you're needing to know.

Ski2Live will think 22 minutes of freezing rain today will have an impact on the visibility of his Bolle goggles this Saturday..funny but absolutely true. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I didn't even know that the freezing rain was coming since I was out of town for the weekend. Then I got a call from a guy who sounded like the impending weather meant the sky was falling and he cancelled my meeting with him. Weird. So I got to go home early and watch 15 minutes of ice fall. I guess it did give my car a good coating, but the roads didn't seem that bad.