Booter Mountain 1/9/18

toast21602

Evening purple polo shirt edition 1/9/18

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun night session at Blue mountain the true mountain. The drive up took about 35 minutes with minimal traffic. There were a decent amount of cars in the lot and the temperature was in the mid to upper 30s. On the snow around 7pm and first run was nightmare to dreamweaver which was good except for a large group of borders.  

Next run was Razors which was enjoyable and a little spicy..after Razors did Paradise which was alright but busy with patrollers then ran into Indiggio and skied the bumps. The top section I did ok was pretty chalky second session got a little out of control on ice so was in a few lines..lower Main Street was alright pretty smooth but I was on the shiros. The rest of the session was a return to nightmare dreamweaver and Razors a few times each and I finally skied razorback..

After skiing had some parking lot beer..a 10% and a 7.5% and Johnny law was also in the house..all in all it was a decent night session...and so nice to be wearing my purple polo shirt again as it's been awhile of dressing like an astronaut.  

• Like 1

Snow was freaking good, soft and fast.  Bumps were DEEP, but mainly in good shape except for a few icy spots here and there to keep one on their toes.

They had Terrain Run closed with rough grooming of recently blown snow, so you had to do a little pike over to Central Park, if you came down that side.

They fired up the guns on Challenge about 8:45, but with a steady breeze blowing out of the Northeast, most of it was blowing back at the guns and over to Mount Mik; might get a dusting to an inch there.

Glad I was able to break away and whip out a few runs before the weather starts going downhill for a bit.  Hopefully it doesn't impact the snow too much for the weekend.

• Like 2