January 10 2018

momskeeztoo

Crowded because a lot of people didn't ski last week due to the cold so they are making up for it now..plus college kids and midweek passholders.  Remember this is not a normal ski season..this is a cold and snowy one so the very casual skiers and riders who don't even go every season are coming out of the woodwork. Last night was the most crowded Tuesday night ever as I believe some school groups were making up for missing Thursday and Friday last week. Very good news that they are running both the six pack and the quad. 

• Like 1

damn, i have a doctors appointment in the morning and can't get to blue til like noon.  after seeing these crowds im thinking of doing my annual spring mountain day tomorrow.  seeing the webcam, that many people on a week day would anger me too much.  weekend i could put up with it, but not a weekday when im used to 8:30-10:30 am of emptyness.

• Like 1

Yesterday was pretty crowded too. I'm happy to see that they are bringing in some good mid-week money to hopefully fund the opening of the new trail sooner than later. I'll likely be up tomorrow. My schedule is free.

You going for a daytime session or evening tomorrow ? I'm gonna head up after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at blue to score first chair today, it did crowd up quickly, (saw a couple charter buses in the lot) It wasn't terrible but surprising, enough people on home stretch that it was getting that close together roller rink feel to it . Lines at the six moved well up until I left around 10:30 - 11, looked like the main street side was empty but I didn't venture past lazy/falls as the lower park was closed and central park had a good sized hill that I didn't feel like climbing. Everything started off as frozen cord, very fast. Falls was super hard during my time there, challenge stayed hard and icyish all morning, razors about the same. Sidewinder and NMDW were decent, paradise and lazy were pretty good. I skied the blue baumer glade next to lazy a couple times, it was fun with huge, long whale type bumps and deep valleys.  

Great morning at Blue. I thought the conditions were not as good as yesterday, but the snow eventually softened up.

Today was also my first day on my Monster 88's.  Man those things fucking rail turns. I only skied 5 or 6 runs on them and can't wait to get back on them.  Fun carver.  Very damp.

"Long skis truck, short skis suck"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Crowded? I wonder why?  College discount tix? 

I'm planning on heading up this evening, should arrive around 5. 

College discount, I'm sure. Sunny and warmish today. Cloudy tomorrow. Last week was not crowded at all. I'm sure the artic temperatures kept lots of people away. 

• Like 1