01/10 - Mountain Creek. Wow.

eaf

eaf, GSS wants me to talk some sense into you as I probably have over 50 lifetime days at MC.  I'm glad you are enjoying it and there are times when I've enjoyed skiing there too.  I can recall  a warm spring day  a few years ago where I just lapped the shit out of the cabriolet and the bar.  Almost had the place to my self.

Overall, the place will fuck you though in the end though.  One way or another.  Watch out on all those interesting trail intersections.  They are like a bowling alley on the nights the school clubs are there.  Highly entertaining.  Also, be careful whenever you are skiing under the cabriolet, especially on warm spring days.

9 minutes ago, eaf said:

Jeez, I'm amazed there is just no love for a NJ mountain even among New Jersians. I'm gonna be there next Thursday night. And it's gonna snow on Wednesday. I'll live you all envy me evading biting lifts, listening to rap with girls, high-fiving drunk boarders and looking for that single trail that gave Ski2Live so many happy memories.

Turns out they closed that trail now. It was called pipe line. It was their one double black. Kind of like Floyd's at JF. Fairly narrow with a nice headwall, a curve, and a runout.

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Turns out they closed that trail now. It was called pipe line. It was their one double black. Kind of like Floyd's at JF. Fairly narrow with a nice headwall, a curve, and a runout.

Yeah, that's what I saw. I guess it was named after a pipeline because a guy who rode a lift with me said that it was closed for a few seasons already and mentioned pipeline as the reason.

He also gave a good advice regarding parking. If you have a season pass or a preloaded ticket, instead of heading to Vernon or South peak official parking areas, go to the condos below the quad of the Granite peak. Park there (allegedly they won't care) and then hike right to the lift, where incidentally they don't have any RFID scanners. Hmmm. I wonder if that would allow someone to abuse an entire peak. Interesting thoughts...

32 minutes ago, eaf said:

Jeez, I'm amazed there is just no love for a NJ mountain even among New Jersians. I'm gonna be there next Thursday night. And it's gonna snow on Wednesday. I'll live you all envy me evading biting lifts, listening to rap with girls, high-fiving drunk boarders and looking for that single trail that gave Ski2Live so many happy memories.

If it's gonna snow Wednesday why don't you ski MC on Wednesday and get those freshies. How long is your drive to MC vs Blue??  

12 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah, that's what I saw. I guess it was named after a pipeline because a guy who rode a lift with me said that it was closed for a few seasons already and mentioned pipeline as the reason.

He also gave a good advice regarding parking. If you have a season pass or a preloaded ticket, instead of heading to Vernon or South peak official parking areas, go to the condos below the quad of the Granite peak. Park there (allegedly they won't care) and then hike right to the lift, where incidentally they don't have any RFID scanners. Hmmm. I wonder if that would allow someone to abuse an entire peak. Interesting thoughts...

That's theft of services..

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf Root is one of us..he signed the PASR charter in Blood...

Well when you marry you also give an oath, and then some still cheat once in a while..

Do you have a happy Bue marriage here? Or just blue?

50 minutes ago, eaf said:

RootDKJ, if you want to join me next Thursday, I swear, I'll keep it down. GSS and the rest of the true company will never know.

But what's that about the cabriolet and riding underneath it?

No.  Make it a warm spring weekday and I'll school you on the cabriolet.  No going into the lodge either.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Who says it's mashed potatoes.  No way you've forgotten to ski in four days. Text matt edge and let him know you're coming.  He usually gets there earlier than me. 

Ok. I think i lost Matt Edge's number. Didnt he say he's actually skiing Camelback tonight instead?