Weekend roll call thread 1/13-1/14

GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

Hey, don't scare me like this. IDK where you took these numbers from.

Just a guesstimate from this image from weather.gov. All that dark red is so damn depressing. Really hoping it reverses by the time I go to Stowe in early February, but I'm pessimistic right now.

image.png.50b7ca71fe5aecd05475ba69d10f65f8.png

5 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Soft spring snow is a BLAST. You just have to pay a little attention to waxing carefully.  Last year my last ski day was July 3 at Mammoth.

Spring snow is fun in the spring, but in January I want January type snow! Oh well, nothing we can do about it so might as well enjoy it.

Edited by saltyant

Thanks!
I'm sorely tempted to get out the bike and ride the Trex trails tomorrow, followed by a zen jump-shot session in the school's empty gym. 
I'll change my mind 30 times between now and the morning. 

Trex is going to be a swamp from melt, thaw, rain. Don’t waste your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Trex is going to be a swamp from melt, thaw, rain. Don’t waste your time.

Alas, you're right. It drains pretty well, but not that well. 

You'll all just have to avert your eyes because you're gonna see some spectacularly shitty skiing tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Or next Sunday when it's 50. Or in 2 weeks when it's in the 60s.

I'll be in Jackson hole then but 50'or 60 is fine as long as it's not raining. There's a nice base and more snowmaking on tap this week.  Not depressing to me if there's skiing to be had. Our typical winters are back and forth between warm and cold. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It's warm out 

Do you have to comment on every fucking post? Right now it is 24 degrees. Yesterday it was 64 degrees. It rained for 36 hours. And now it is 40 degrees colder and below freezing and super windy. That equals shit weather. I don't give a fuck if you think it is warm.

25 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Do you have to comment on every fucking post? Right now it is 24 degrees. Yesterday it was 64 degrees. It rained for 36 hours. And now it is 40 degrees colder and below freezing and super windy. That equals shit weather. I don't give a fuck if you think it is warm.

Why are you so grumpy 24 is above normal for the overnight low for January 14th.