The true mountain... 1-11

RidgeRacer

good evening?
Yeah. Nice conditions. Actually skied the bumps which is a rarity. Only had time for a short session. Thay plus the lines were backed up from the chair to the turnstiles at both the quad and the six and I honestly didn't feel like dealing with it again. Only saw Matt edge and VT mark.
  • Like 1

Just now, RidgeRacer said:
20 minutes ago, toast21602 said:
good evening?

Yeah. Nice conditions. Actually skied the bumps which is a rarity. Only had time for a short session. Thay plus the lines were backed up from the chair to the turnstiles at both the quad and the six and I honestly didn't feel like dealing with it again. Only saw Matt edge and VT mark.

Awesome. It was a bit more crowded than expected this morning as well. Ski clubs are consuming the evening and night sessions now.

Also, I took this from my helicopter today. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun night session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived in the lower lot at 645pm and it was jam packed with cars..the temperature was in the low to mid 40s. In the house were TP4, VTMark, Atomic Jeff, Matt Edge, NMSki, Salty, Johnny Law, Eaf, 15 bus loads of kids and about 1,000 people who took advantage of the $12..4 hour lift ticket.  PARidge was also in the house but I didn't see him.  

Liftlines were about 5+ minutes on the six pack and a tad less on the quad which matt edge calls the Razors lift. Conditions were wet loose granular..was pretty pleasent ski conditions.  After 4-5 runs in Razors and nightmare dreamweaver I was riding the quad with Eaf, Salty and Atomic Jeff and had that feeling halfway up the lift that i had the beginnings of a stage four deuce..I even had a bit of extra sweat which felt chilly in the breeze so high tailed it down Razors into the men's room which luckily had an empty stall. Did my business..was thoroughly sweaty went back up quad didn't see anybody then caught up with matt edge at the bottom and the rest shortly thereafter. 

Ended the session with all Razors runs it was the run with the least amount of people..I like that Razors hasn't been closed much so far this season during night skiing times. Guitar was also in the house in his race clinic but I didn't see him. We then went into the lot around 9:15 and had a nice night time tailgate. There was even a badass BMW 5 series wagon with an 8 cylinder engine that revved engine for us and a big diesal truck that was loud AF..I didn't leave until 1025pm and it was raining and foggy on the way home.  

Was a session that began kind of meh with the crowds but crowds but ended nicely as the crowds cleared out and the PASRs united for full six packs.  I also heard there was a either a large drone or small plane at Blue mountain today..that's some weird wild stuff..in the lot there were warm and cool breezes..

JADIP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

What?  Why would you take that lift with the Valley lifts open?

Did a warm up run on Burma which was nice and then rode the valley lifts most of the night.

I tried multiquote and it just doesn't work on my jitterbug.

Edited by saltyant

Very warm night, felt like spring skiing.   The bumps were hero, so I kept lapping them until I headed up to meet the wife at the 70's party.

When I rolled in, a MedEvac helicopter was circling, but due to all the busses in the employee lot, it looked like it went over to the fairgrounds and landed there.
Two ambulances rolled out and headed that way as I was walking to the slopes.
Rumor was that someone overshot the second jump and landed hard enough to knock themselves out.