The true mountain... 1-11

RidgeRacer

7 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

There was a big drone above lower parking lot this am. That video looks like it's from 2017. A little crowded today, but rarely waited in line after they opened the quad. 

That was the helicopter flying around last Sunday.

They landed outside the Summit lodge by Barb's office.

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Very warm night, felt like spring skiing.   The bumps were hero, so I kept lapping them until I headed up to meet the wife at the 70's party.

When I rolled in, a MedEvac helicopter was circling, but due to all the busses in the employee lot, it looked like it went over to the fairgrounds and landed there.
Two ambulances rolled out and headed that way as I was walking to the slopes.
Rumor was that someone overshot the second jump and landed hard enough to knock themselves out.

Where are the fairgrounds??  Is that overflow lot?

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

mark went to shake jeff's hand last night and jeff ignored him.  i guess mark is just the bigger man lol.  anyway, rode from 4-7 last night.  huge crowds but felt nice to night ski again, its been awhile

I find that hard to believe. Maybe Jeff didn't notice VTMarks hand. 

39 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

mark went to shake jeff's hand last night and jeff ignored him.  i guess mark is just the bigger man lol.  anyway, rode from 4-7 last night.  huge crowds but felt nice to night ski again, its been awhile

Well, that just shows that you tend to avoid skiing on the weekends. The crowds were not really huge. They were just big. On a typical busy weekend (and no, I'm not talking about morning skiing) they spill way beyond the RFID gates. So e.g. on the quad I have to make a big circle around slowly moving people in order to get to the farthest gate. Now that's when it gets bad! On the positive side, in cases like that they start organizing the line into singles, doubles, triples, etc, so if you're skiing alone you don't have to wait too long.

I got stuck yesterday at the Valley lodge when they closed the express at 9:45. Luckily there was a shuttle. I actually wonder what happened to salty. He was doing the last Lazy run with me and was supposed to come all the way down, but I think he changed his mind in the middle, went to the Main lift and avoided the shuttle altogether.

1 minute ago, eaf said:

I got stuck yesterday at the Valley lodge when they closed the express at 9:45. Luckily there was a shuttle. I actually wonder what happened to salty. He was doing the last Lazy run with me and was supposed to come all the way down, but I think he changed his mind in the middle, went to the Main lift and avoided the shuttle altogether.

One of the many pitfalls of parking at the top. 

Just now, eaf said:

Well, that just shows that you tend to avoid skiing on the weekends. The crowds were not really huge. They were just big. On a typical busy weekend (and no, I'm not talking about morning skiing) they spill way beyond the RFID gates. So e.g. on the quad I have to make a big circle around slowly moving people in order to get to the farthest gate. Now that's when it gets bad! On the positive side, in cases like that they start organizing the line into singles, doubles, triples, etc, so if you're skiing alone you don't have to wait too long.

im at blue literally every single weekend they are open...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

For a Thursday night the crowds were huge!!!   

Not gonna happen again, I guess. I saw a leaflet in the lodge, next first Thursday tickets are gonna be $19, and the one after $33. Not terribly enticing. I don't even know who would pay $33 for a 4-hour ticket in spring, especially at night.

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Not gonna happen again, I guess. I saw a leaflet in the lodge, next first Thursday tickets are gonna be $19, and the one after $33. Not terribly enticing. I don't even know who would pay $33 for a 4-hour ticket in spring, especially at night.

The four hour ticket is good anytime of day though. I don't know $33 is still cheaper than what they normally charge. Last night was a perfect storm of school groups, mild weather the day before rain and the discount.  

I noticed the two food food trucks were open at the base and nobody was in line at them.  I'm thinking people who spend $12 for a lift ticket probably don't want to spend $12 for a sandwich. 

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

One of the many pitfalls of parking at the top. 

Parking at the top is the way to do it! Less driving, cozier lodge, and everybody who needs a lesson is intercepted and rerouted to the valley. And hey, restrooms are cleaner too ;) 

Edited by eaf
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1