The true mountain... 1-11

RidgeRacer

hero snow last nite!  could have done w/o the crowds though....

so our nite went something like this. met with our racing clinic about 7 then headed over to paradise and NM/DW for a while to work on drills and other such non-sense that showed us how much we suck as skiing, lol.  we had to be careful with all the jerrys out and about, but thankfully no one in our group got hit. jeff gave us a shout out as we were on NM/DW and he was on the lift....couldn't tell who else was riding up with him. we called it a nite at 9:30 and headed back to the main bar. just after we had a beer or two the rain started. we closed up shop around 11 and headed home. it was 60 degs when we arrived.....womp womp. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty post a lot!!!  You didn't even post a report last night. 

Bah I'm swamped with work at the moment and will post more when it dies down. For now I am just scanning posts for the terms salty, RTMs, 170, chattering, gaper, and jerry/gerry to prepare defense arguments later on when I have more time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I like to read his posts...I should have taken a picture of my poop and posted it but Root would probably ban me. Anyway Johnny Law logs the poops around here. 

I would have deleted it at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So, [mention=2]AtomicSkier[/mention] has mentioned an interesting thing yesterday.
Once upon a time there was an open minded group of people that roamed around PA mountains enjoying skiing all over the place. They didn't care too much whether it was JF, CB, BM  or perhaps even MC and hated when moderators on a CB forum were removing each and every post that had even the slightest mention of BM.
So that group got fed up by the censorship and formed a forum, not unlike this one, where they could talk about anything, but the talk was of course ski-centered. Due to its openness the forum got so much traction that there were hundreds of people following it. At the peak of its popularity members were handed out free tickets to some mountains and then would show up in pretty big crowds, like 50 people a time, were given private rooms in lodges to hang out, and those days were the original glorious PASR days.
Then some got married, some had injuries, some just got tired of skiing, the hypnotizing blue light has pushed all but one mountain in the shadow, and whoever was not with the light had to be against it, and chose to stop posting. The remnants of that forum still have all those other mountains listed on it, but invariably the conversation in each and every thread rotates about the light, the true blue light that lights the path for the few remaining ones.
Now, I wasn't really paying attention too much, as I was still digesting the previous conversation about JH, and may have gotten many things wrong, but the story just fascinates me. Wow, just Wow, as GSS likes to say.

1) times change, people change 2) Who the hell cares.
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, eaf said:

So, @AtomicSkier has mentioned an interesting thing yesterday.

Once upon a time there was an open minded group of people that roamed around PA mountains enjoying skiing all over the place. They didn't care too much whether it was JF, CB, BM  or perhaps even MC and hated when moderators on a CB forum were removing each and every post that had even the slightest mention of BM.

So that group got fed up by the censorship and formed a forum, not unlike this one, where they could talk about anything, but the talk was of course ski-centered. Due to its openness the forum got so much traction that there were hundreds of people following it. At the peak of its popularity members were handed out free tickets to some mountains and then would show up in pretty big crowds, like 50 people a time, were given private rooms in lodges to hang out, and those days were the original glorious PASR days.

Then some got married, some had injuries, some just got tired of skiing, the hypnotizing blue light has pushed all but one mountain in the shadow, and whoever was not with the light had to be against it, and chose to stop posting. The remnants of that forum still have all those other mountains listed on it, but invariably the conversation in each and every thread rotates about the light, the true blue light that lights the path for the few remaining ones.

Now, I wasn't really paying attention too much, as I was still digesting the previous conversation about JH, and may have gotten many things wrong, but the story just fascinates me. Wow, just Wow, as GSS likes to say.

I'm still laughing about this!!!!

4 hours ago, Schif said:

It's kind of a daunting move though. I honestly wouldn't even know where to begin on buying a pair of skis or boots. 

I got all kinds of shit so if you ever want to try something out give me a hoot.

Some of you newbies don't get what this place is about, you don't have to give Blue the proverbial hand job and you don't have to own long stiff skis, you do however have to be cool. Providing good info is +1, good TR's maybe +2, a very funny remark about another person here +1000. it's not a serious place for non-serious people, most of us are actually pretty nice people in person but 1000 threads about hand warmers or some shit is lame boring bs so you gotta spice it up and everyone sort of plays a roll here.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Schif said:

It's kind of a daunting move though. I honestly wouldn't even know where to begin on buying a pair of skis or boots. 

Like Jlaw said, you are not going to have an issue finding some shit to try out here.  you are welcome to any skis in my closet.....my beloved PE's, a pair of atomic Snoop Daddies that i keep threatening to leave at some ski resort, (demo bindings for getting sendy on) Shredditors, recoils, and the list goes on.......

• Like 1

Like Jlaw said, you are not going to have an issue finding some shit to try out here.  you are welcome to any skis in my closet.....my beloved PE's, a pair of atomic Snoop Daddies that i keep threatening to leave at some ski resort, (demo bindings for getting sendy on) Shredditors, recoils, and the list goes on.......

What about the 170 RTMs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2