1/14/18...Cold..better snow..a lot of PASRs

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 725am and it was partly cloudy and 10 degrees. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, JFDan, Johnny Law, MBike Mike, TP4, Matt Edge, Enjorales Dad, Shadows, Indiggio, SallyCat, Tarponhead, Gary's son and many others.  

First civilian 6-pack and first run on challenge was pretty nice. Next run nightmare to dreamweaver was pretty good cord followed by Sidewinder which was alright.  There was some sort of a pipe issue as evidenced by a large pile of dirt and digging tools at the bottom of Razors. There was also a junior race on Razors and some nasty sliding falls on upper Razors.  P-Dizzle was ok..switchback was pretty smooth and lazy mile had some new blown snow.  

Crowds werent bad earlier but it got busier later in the morning while I was in the parking lot.  Good food thanks to Atomic Jeff and MBike Mike and good entertainment and beer as well.  I guess I forgot to lock my car and my sunglasses and shiros went missing..if this is prank wars then all y'all will get the last laugh..OK..all in all was pretty good let's hope the snowguns are firing again tonight..JADIP

• Like 2

Many customers today, I saw large groups of racers everywhere I went.  The six was busy, the main street chair was empty. The conditions were decent considering the thaw/freeze/rain cycle we just had. The parking spot searchers were out in force, there were so many cars incoming when I left at 10:30, I had a hard time getting out of the valley lot. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I guess I forgot to lock my car and my sunglasses and shiros went missing..if this is prank wars then all y'all will get the last laugh..OK

Uh oh, I hope your signature sunglasses and Shiros turn up soon. I'd be really upset over that and would demand security hologram footage.

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

Fun morning, a gazilllion x better than yesterday (didn’t even log cuz whatever I did for those 2 runs wunt skiing) fun lot grilling. Biggest disappoint no nectar at PP, cmon!? Slumming with tropicaltorpedo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

disappointing on the beer. also, that day still counts.

I stayed late today,  and I saw some horrible things, man.

I was sort of planning to goof around for a few hours and then quit about 4-ish and to watch the Saints game in one of the bars. (I don't have a TV, so a bar was inevitable anyway, so why not a bar that's skiing-adjacent, was how my thinking went). 

Holy cow. It was like some kind of Bat Signal went up at 11:00 and ten thousand people saw it and came to Blue Mountain. There was a huge line at the Main St. double chair and a MASSIVE line at the 6-pack. 

5a5c2f4091f1f_2018-01-1414_48_14.thumb.jpg.bdcc9c6492bfb2835b5a2bec02d09fdc.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah, it got wicked crowded in the afternoon, but the VIP line on the 6 was the shit. 
Most of the time it was less than a minute or two wait, depending upon who the attendant was and if the people ahead of us would group up.

Heard from a BM person that a racer went off the course and broke a leg and another went off the course and into the woods and was knocked unconscious.

Bumps were atrocious, rock solid glaciers, far unlike Saturday's.  Kept getting spit out since there was nary a way to control the speed in them even with bump skis.

Otherwise, the snow on the side of Main Street, Lazy and Sidewinder were pretty good and so we kept lapping them.

Met and skied with a good park skier who Tarpon termed "Pickle Man" due to his business dealings.  Pretty good skier, throwing consecutive 720's off the lower jumps.
Real nice guy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Heard from a BM person that a racer went off the course and broke a leg and another went off the course and into the woods and was knocked unconscious.

Not real surprised at that, but that sucks.  We saw 3 sliding down Razors on one lift ride, pretty early on.  

7 hours ago, SallyCat said:

I stayed late today,  and I saw some horrible things, man.

I was sort of planning to goof around for a few hours and then quit about 4-ish and to watch the Saints game in one of the bars. (I don't have a TV, so a bar was inevitable anyway, so why not a bar that's skiing-adjacent, was how my thinking went). 

Holy cow. It was like some kind of Bat Signal went up at 11:00 and ten thousand people saw it and came to Blue Mountain. There was a huge line at the Main St. double chair and a MASSIVE line at the 6-pack. 

5a5c2f4091f1f_2018-01-1414_48_14.thumb.jpg.bdcc9c6492bfb2835b5a2bec02d09fdc.jpg

Wow you put in a serious session...

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf what do you think it is?  Were they blowing snow at all.  Write a nasty email and maybe they'll give you a $3 voucher for the demo shop. 

It's fine if they found gold over there. But wtf is all the final stretch covered in this shit? It's abrasive and dirty. $3 are not gonna cover it! I expect to be compensated in golden nuggets for this kind of snow.

Edited by eaf