1/14/18...Cold..better snow..a lot of PASRs

GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

So you all think that with this many people at the lift the slopes are empty, pristine and are just waiting for you VIPs to ski??

Wow, just wow.

In fairness, Camelback was pretty jammed today too. The slopes got crowded. You can always go to Jack Frost, which may have 1/2 the crowd, but then you spend half the day sitting on the lift. So there's not really a perfect solution for skiing on a holiday weekend.

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

So you all think that with this many people at the lift the slopes are empty, pristine and are just waiting for you VIPs to ski??

Wow, just wow.

On the most crowded days at Blue there are always some uncrowded runs. Switchback and Razors are amoung them.  Remember how crowded it was Tuesday night and Razors was empty. 

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

In fairness, Camelback was pretty jammed today too. The slopes got crowded. You can always go to Jack Frost, which may have 1/2 the crowd, but then you spend half the day sitting on the lift. So there's not really a perfect solution for skiing on a holiday weekend.

More like 80% of the day sitting on lifts. At Blue it's way over 60% of the time sitting on lifts. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Eaf what did you expect on the busiest ski day of the year on one of the busiest mountains on the east coast? Superman's fortress of solitude?

Hmmmm, what did I expect... I dunno, I guess same as I saw yesterday at JF, but even better? You know, Monday is not exactly a day off for everybody. And yesterday, on the first skiable "warm" weekend at JF it was nice all day long, line-wise, snow-wise... Only lodge was a mess, but who cares. Here on the following day, the day when schools may be out, but most of parents still work, I get 2-3 hours of skiing followed up by a zoo across the board.

Am I surprised? That depends. Peak winter weekends are always a zoo at BM. I've never skied on MLK or President's weekends wisely avoiding them, especially since they're a blackout anyway. Here I guess I got overexcited and a little bit too optimistic.

Anyway, I'm done skiing BM on weekends until the end of Feb or even March.

Ha, I've been riding with a medical today, his chatterbox wouldn't stop transmitting about strangled people at Paradise. Some are afraid to move, some have broken bindings. They've been calling for a sled to be evacuated. The guy said that Paradise is actually a pretty steep trail. Go figure. Just shows what kind of people the mountain was full of in the afternoon. Grrrrr.

Edited by eaf

2 hours ago, eaf said:

Hmmmm, what did I expect... I dunno, I guess same as I saw yesterday at JF, but even better? You know, Monday is not exactly a day off for everybody. And yesterday, on the first skiable "warm" weekend at JF it was nice all day long, line-wise, snow-wise... Only lodge was a mess, but who cares. Here on the following day, the day when schools may be out, but most of parents still work, I get 2-3 hours of skiing followed up by a zoo across the board.

Am I surprised? That depends. Peak winter weekends are always a zoo at BM. I've never skied on MLK or President's weekends wisely avoiding them, especially since they're a blackout anyway. Here I guess I got overexcited and a little bit too optimistic.

Anyway, I'm done skiing BM on weekends until the end of Feb or even March.

That stinks as many weekends are pretty empty at Blue.  Just depends on the weather. 

1 hour ago, eaf said:

Ha, I've been riding with a medical today, his chatterbox wouldn't stop transmitting about strangled people at Paradise. Some are afraid to move, some have broken bindings. They've been calling for a sled to be evacuated. The guy said that Paradise is actually a pretty steep trail. Go figure. Just shows what kind of people the mountain was full of in the afternoon. Grrrrr.

Paradise is a pretty steep trail..for a green..ive hiked up it in the summer and it has a decent amount of pitch. Those people who say paradise is pretty steep help pay Blue mountains bills.and keep the place open into April for people like us!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1