The journey and cold continues

Burton0688

Another weekend up north. I drove up to Whiteface on Friday night to chase the storm. The drive up was sketchy. It was interesting at 7:30am driving to the mountain  in 7" with a Kia Forte. I only had to go 1 mile as I pulled off in a parking lot.

They ended up with 6-8" after all said and done. It was a gamble with the 2" of rain the day before and 50 degree temps. I went for it and it ended up being a pretty fun Saturday. Some areas were extremely variable, but I'm just happy it snowed. At 1am it was still sleeting. That's actually a great sound to fall asleep to surprisingly. 

Last night and this morning was brutally cold. I woke up to it being -16 degrees and more snow in the car. The cross ventilation and fresh air is key to a good nights sleep. It makes the car 5-10 degrees colder, but if you're in the proper gear it won't matter. 

Sucked driving home because I couldn't get my windows fully up until I got into NJ LOL.  

IMG_2563.jpg

• Like 5