I/15 MLK Day

RootDKJ

Pretty good conditions so far today except on Razors which is cookies and boilerplate and weird ridges. Everything else is great and I even got whistled at by a patroller on paradise. Ran into indeggio on the lift. He’s ripping bump again.

It’s starting to get busy here, but the VIP line is roped up properly so I’m not worried about it. I’m hoping to play Crazy Mike on the Monsters today.

The Monsters fucking rip btw. I’m so glad I got this ski.

594d63b77b31da8b2d6c73ef2bb3dc67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Hayata, Mrs. Hayata, and I enjoyed a morning session at blue today. Nowhere near the crowds of yesterday. We skied Paradise, NMDW, Sidewinder, Razors, Challenge, Lazy, Switchback, and Main St. on our first pass. Everything was improved from yesterday except Razors as Root explained and Challenge had hard to see ice patches to be wary of on the headwall. On  subsequent passes across the mountain NMDW had become scraped off with sizeable ice patches, everything else was holding up well. We felt Sidewinder was ROTD for top to bottom snow quality. The bumps were freshly seeded and Indiggo and other bumpers were working them into shape. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Very good Eaf is gonna be hap hap happy. Root did you see matt edge out there??  

Yeah I did, right before I did. We skied two runs down sidewinder together

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Looks good. First day out on the skis?

First full day on the new skis. 

Surprise day today for sure!

Was planning on taking the MLK day off, but when I got up at my typical 4-something AM and checked the webcams and saw BLACK, I was beginning to question the decision.
Thinking that the mountain was probably dark because they hadn't completed fixing the pipe and didn't do anything to the mountain, was it gonna be worth burning a vacation day on the same conditions as yesterday?  Aw fuck it, I'm skiing!

As I crossed the 10' ridge and rolled into the 14' valley, I saw the digger still sitting at the hole and a groomer mid Main Street just sitting there?
In a minute or so, the groomer was joined by another and started moving up towards the bump, but not through/on them.  Oh boy...

Some of the other bumpers arrived and said the the bumps had been reset, so that was a positive, but didn't believe the pipe was fixed, sigh.

On the first ride up crossing over Sidewinder, the snow looked strangely new and not just ground up old, looking up under the lift of Challenge, there was clear over-blow and to all our surprise, they managed to make snow on many of the trails.

First run of Razors was good (not sure if they made snow on it), but Challenge was superb.  NM/DW was quite good as well.
Headed over to check out the newly seeded bumps, which needed slipping and eventually came around, but because of the snow, they were granular and got down to the boiler quick, with a few VERY slick spots.   A good blow overtop of them will make them great!  Hopefully they'll do that tonight!

Met up with Tarpon and his son and we took a run down Challenge/Razors and stopped at the hole.  The guys had dropped the new pipe into place and were working on welding it back up.
From the looks of it, they were close to being done and we speculated they'll probably pressure test it tonight and hopefully it'll be good to go for this little cold spell.

Ran into Root on his way out and he gave us the lowdown on his new skis, which look sweet.  Picked up Matt and we made a few runs down Sidewinder, Challenge and Main Street spine.
The upper section had some fine snow, but midway down went to shit fast, but the snow along the lower side was still good.

Hit the lodge for some beers and bugged out.   The entire day turned out to be full of good surprises.

• Like 3

Surprise day today for sure!
Was planning on taking the MLK day off, but when I got up at my typical 4-something AM and checked the webcams and saw BLACK, I was beginning to question the decision.
Thinking that the mountain was probably dark because they hadn't completed fixing the pipe and didn't do anything to the mountain, was it gonna be worth burning a vacation day on the same conditions as yesterday?  Aw fuck it, I'm skiing!
As I crossed the 10' ridge and rolled into the 14' valley, I saw the digger still sitting at the hole and a groomer mid Main Street just sitting there?
In a minute or so, the groomer was joined by another and started moving up towards the bump, but not through/on them.  Oh boy...
Some of the other bumpers arrived and said the the bumps had been reset, so that was a positive, but didn't believe the pipe was fixed, sigh.
On the first ride up crossing over Sidewinder, the snow looked strangely new and not just ground up old, looking up under the lift of Challenge, there was clear over-blow and to all our surprise, they managed to make snow on many of the trails.
First run of Razors was good (not sure if they made snow on it), but Challenge was superb.  NM/DW was quite good as well.
Headed over to check out the newly seeded bumps, which needed slipping and eventually came around, but because of the snow, they were granular and got down to the boiler quick, with a few VERY slick spots.   A good blow overtop of them will make them great!  Hopefully they'll do that tonight!
Met up with Tarpon and his son and we took a run down Challenge/Razors and stopped at the hole.  The guys had dropped the new pipe into place and were working on welding it back up.
From the looks of it, they were close to being done and we speculated they'll probably pressure test it tonight and hopefully it'll be good to go for this little cold spell.
Ran into Root on his way out and he gave us the lowdown on his new skis, which look sweet.  Picked up Matt and we made a few runs down Sidewinder, Challenge and Main Street spine.
The upper section had some fine snow, but midway down went to shit fast, but the snow along the lower side was still good.
Hit the lodge for some beers and bugged out.   The entire day turned out to be full of good surprises.

And my replacement iPhone is “rose gold”, not pink! Sheesh!