Trip Report - 1/15/2018

saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

While I've played the SNES and N64 versions ad nauseum, Rainbow Road on SNES is just so much better. The N64's version is way too long and watered down with walls along side the track. Also, the newer Mario Karts are just way too cartoony for me. I'm old school when it comes to video games.

Agree with that. Rainbow road is probably my least favorite course. 64 is still the better of the two, overall. 

Just now, tarponhead said:

As soon as I read this a little piece of me died and I went right back to the chamwow thread. I’m better now...

lolololol be careful, EAF is grumpy tonight and will call you out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was quoting PARidge from a recent Camelback trip report:
image.thumb.png.3f2d584a1df3a4a7f7a9efc562e689fd.png
https://www.paskiandride.com/forums/topic/13848-tr-camelback-3-28-2009/

1) when I say it it's funny because I'm awesome. 2) that was a while ago and but I'm 99.9% I was being tongue in cheek. 3) I was a JF passholder back then. Believe it or not I wasn't always a blue passholder. Salty there are many chapters to my story. 4) I like beer.

Peace ...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

1) when I say it it's funny because I'm awesome. 2) that was a while ago and but I'm 99.9% I was being tongue in cheek. 3) I was a JF passholder back then. Believe it or not I wasn't always a blue passholder. Salty there are many chapters to my story. 4) I like beer.

Peace ...

I was expecting to get yelled at for that, but your post was pretty chill. Thanks!

To show my appreciation, here's an awesome video of a dude singing Zelda 2 in acapella.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_r_TCDG58

Edited by saltyant

6 hours ago, saltyant said:

But this hard fall definitely killed my mojo for the day, and I started skiing much worse from that point on and just could not get out of the backseat.

That's when I like to have a beer or two and then go back out, but just stay on easy trails and work on good form. Takes you out of your head enough to at least end the day with some confidence restored.  Or if you don't drink, maybe just a skis-off break and some loud music. 

It's like a basketball session: never leave the gym until you've made a net-only jump shot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
1 hour ago, saltyant said:
I was expecting to get yelled at for that, but your post was pretty chill. Thanks!
To show my appreciation, here's an awesome video of a dude singing Zelda 2 in acapella.

Nah. My days of getting my panties all up in a bunch are long long gone (mostly). Nice job on the Zelda 2 video.

That guy's channel is amazing. I found it yesterday and have been watching a lot of his covers, since I love video game music.

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

since everyone on here has been skiing for 50 years

Ha ha, it feels that way. I have to keep reminding myself that this is season two for me when I see the PASR crew go screaming down Challenge at eleventy-thousand MPH whooping it up. I want to ski like that when I grow up. 

I have been drinking longer than any other PASR though, I'm pretty sure. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Ha ha, it feels that way. I have to keep reminding myself that this is season two for me when I see the PASR crew go screaming down Challenge at eleventy-thousand MPH whooping it up. I want to ski like that when I grow up.

I hit over 52 mph on Razor's Edge last Thursday and they were still way ahead of me.

11 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

That's when I like to have a beer or two and then go back out, but just stay on easy trails and work on good form. Takes you out of your head enough to at least end the day with some confidence restored.  Or if you don't drink, maybe just a skis-off break and some loud music. 

It's like a basketball session: never leave the gym until you've made a net-only jump shot.

Good advice. I was going to head over to Pocono Raceway after the crash, and do as many runs as it took to regain my confidence, but then Ski2Live provided me with his location so I joined him. Pocono Raceway is a nice wide trail to make turns on.

• Like 1

I have been drinking longer than any other PASR though, I'm pretty sure. 

Unlikely on the drinking part. Didn’t realize you’ve only skied for two years. You do well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Nothing, like a good crash as motivation to start drinking 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, eaf said:

It's classic. Same as with the essay in the Sally's thread it's a sin to even think for a moment that CB may be better in some way. For if one does, the light will dim, and the elephants will fall.

Jesus, dude. You're like former Ukrainian pole-vaulter great Sergey Bubka.

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_r_TCDG58

Be careful salty people are gonna think you're a nerd if you post videos like that. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Wo/Man up!  Get yourself up, brush off the snow and run the bumps again and show them who's boss!

• Like 1