Ruff Ryder’s of the storm - 1/16/18

toast21602

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Really want to check out Montages glades. I hope they groom the powder on most of the trails. Also I might ski the glades next to my house. I have a large forested area on a hill.

Not nearly enough snow, no joke your going to blow a bone out fucking around in the woods with 2"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Not nearly enough snow, no joke your going to blow a bone out fucking around in the woods with 2"

Truth..trudat Salty your hope is that there is some groomed and some ungroomed to practice in.  I heard the best skis for powder are 170 rtms. I rode the lift with a guy an hour ago that was on 177 RTMs..badass

• Like 2

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. On the drive up I rocked out to E40 and pulled into my normal spot in the lower lot at 1:30pm and the temperature was 29 degrees with light snow falling.  No crowds although I only had my own chairlift a few times on the six pack.  Razors was rough near the top ice and piles smoother lower down..razorback was real nice smooth not many people had skied it. 

I went over to x-ing and there were two new wet whales on it and a few areas with an inch of untracked..bumps were scratchy and lower Main Street was pretty beat up conditions.  Sidewinder was nice the first half pretty scrapped off last pitch..I will say the ice was a bit softer as it was about 30 degrees out with new snow falling. The new snow tickled my face and there was barely any wind.  One guy I rode the lift with was looking at snowflakes on his gloves and commenting on them. At least he wasn't commenting on my shiros. 

Nightmare to dreamweaver was alright paradise was better and not many people on it. Switchback was a bit scratchy but a few good spots along the sides, I get spoiled skiing switchback from 8-10am when it's fresh friggy friggy fresh.  The snow didn't stop while I was there but the heavier snowfall is supposed to be later tonight into tomorrow morning. Blue mountain might be near the bullseye. This is a more northern storm and areas from the northwest Philly suburbs to the poconos will get increasingly more snow the farther north you go.  Could even be rain at times south and east of the Lehigh valley.  I'm optimistic about some darn good skiing tomorrow morning.  

I had one beer in the lot had the entire side of the row to myself..was warm enough to hangout no gloves or hat which is a rarity lately.  Blue is doing well selling tickets I'm sure there will be a decent amount of people tonight and tomorrow  JADIP

• Like 3

What's wrong with today? Is it the fresh snow to blame? Salty gets a pat on the back for good choice of equipment, people are planning to head out to JF and Montage, and even skinny skis get some love in the other thread. I feel like I'm still dreaming, and whatever I have done in the office today will have to be redone once I wake up.

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

What's wrong with today? Is it the fresh snow to blame? Salty gets a pat on the back for good choice of equipment, people are planning to head out to JF and Montage, and even skinny skis get some love in the other thread. I feel like I'm still dreaming, and whatever I have done in the office today will have to be redone once I wake up.

eaf I thought blue was your favorite place to ski..that's where you go the most. 

Started snowing around 4pm and the snow dramatically improved conditions, which seemed odd because it wasn't that much snow. But man, after 5pm everything just got better and better. I thought Widow Maker was the run of the evening  in terms of snow quality, but then I did Challenge, and THAT was the most fun. Managed to get two runs on it before the ski patrol started shutting down parts of the mountain. I was there all day and I hated to leave.

Stats.thumb.png.1e99494bf0418b7f466c61844fe47537.png

• Like 7